aberdeen-music

The Mighty Riffs Thread

Woodsinho

• 3 weeks later...
video

I was tempted to post some ETID a few pages ago but thought it was too obvious. I still think The New Black is better.

On a similar Keith Buckley notes....

And I know they sound like a Pantera ripoff but unlike Pantera I actually like them!

Normally I hate uberscooped tones (see pantera) but don't mind Freak Kitchen. Mattias Eklundh is awesome though.

Maylene - FUCKYEAH!

I hadn't heard Every Time I Die before because that is an awful name that brings up thoughts of the worst kind of emo but those 2 songs are damn fine songs so thanks for putting them up. Nothing is too obvious for this thread.

I have issues with The Damned Things. Well... issue. They sound far too slick for my liking. I think it's the vocals that put me off. Good intro riff but I couldn't get into the song. I saw them at Download last year and had the same problem with them there.

A Perfect Murder sound more like Lamb of God than Pantera to me but I know that it's basically drinking from the same well.

Fuck the haterz. Ugly Kid Joe had some mint riffs. Not even a guilty pleasure. Nothing to feel guilty about FUNKPUNK! I don't like the levels though. The shit vocals are too high in the mix. Guitars are too quiet. PUMP UP THE VOLUME!

This song is about an axe murderer in Disneyland. What's not to like?

Also this (The riff at 1:34 is THE RIFF)

• Upvote 1

This is all riff-as-fuck, but the riff at 1:21 just kicks out ALL THE JAMS

What the actual fuck?! I was walking home from work 20 minutes ago and this came on my MP3 player's shuffle. I was all "I must post this ridiculous jam in the riffs thread immediately," and here I am. You telepathic motherfucker.