aberdeen-music

Mixerman diaries

soundian

Top notch quality' date=' I agree - good to see the concept of the DFA button exists across the pond (where it's known as an audio placebo)

Flossie[/quote']

Yea, more "soar" on the snare please. I pissed myself at that bit (I'm getting old, it happens).

Forgot to add, check out Old Soundman on the same site. I'm not sure how funny/intelligible it'll be to non-engineers and it's a bit hit and miss but I generally put on a nappy before reading.

I could give you a few good story's!! One time I was working with A well Known band (Wont say who).. The singer felt the track wasnt happey enough, So he wanted to record A Smile track... He Went infront of the mic and smiled all the way through the song.. I thought OK then and went along with it. When it came to the mix the track was working well and sounding good Untill... The singer comes down and askes about the smile track (It wasnt in) He then demands it should be the loudest thing there... all it sounded like is noise with the odd breath. ahh well it made him happy... I have lots more and manny tales of the DFA Fader...

i like the way it exposes all the different agendas of all the people supposedly working towards making the music sound good...the last think most of them are actually thinking about is the music......bunch of cunts all of them, including the author who although articulate, seems like an arrogant sneaky prick who is possibly a wee bit too judgemental and never seems to think he is also part of the problem....the fact hes written all that stuff about how shit everyone else was - but at no point faced anyone up shows what a shithouse he actually is...imo

• 2 weeks later...