aberdeen-music

Moshulu/warehouse

ido

Go on the Facebook page and see all the bitching about the first cat house night. It is hilarious. Went myself for a couple of hours and nothing special. Biggest problem was the room was packed and like a sauna. Bar was tiny so it was quicker to go through to the main room, weird thick plastic glasses and the one drink I got tasted funky. Toilets are just too far away from the small room and the bouncers/staff in general were a bit iffy. In that respect it was just like the real cathouse! Lots of people bitching about the music as to be expected. I didn't think it was that bad but then I left at 1am as I had work in the morning.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the city's badly missed somewhere that size for gigs. Peter Hook's a good name to get up, and Glasvegas will draw a crowd I guess.

I think the student shite will be a pretty big part of the club though. Not sure it'll die down. Isn't Campus in Glasgow famous for getting all the X Factor pish contestants in once they've been voted off etc etc. I think Fridays are the closest it'll get to having an indie/rock night.

It'll never be Moshulu but at least it's good to see the space being used again. And to see the place busy.

After seeing Zappa plays Zappa in Glasgow we went to the campus after some incredibly fit bird told us it was the place to be. It was strange.

Apart from the Indian breakdancer off Britain's got talent we were the only males in the place. It looked like an old Littlejohn's restaurant. Loads of pointless crap on the wall but instead of playing smooth jazz or music from the past they had a playlist that heavily featured chart and R'N'B music. Not proper R'N'B but that crap Flo Rida and Nelly make. The drinks were disgustingly cheap and I got really drunk. It was a good night.

After seeing Zappa plays Zappa in Glasgow we went to the campus after some incredibly fit bird told us it was the place to be. It was strange.

Apart from the Indian breakdancer off Britain's got talent we were the only males in the place. It looked like an old Littlejohn's restaurant. Loads of pointless crap on the wall but instead of playing smooth jazz or music from the past they had a playlist that heavily featured chart and R'N'B music. Not proper R'N'B but that crap Flo Rida and Nelly make. The drinks were disgustingly cheap and I got really drunk. It was a good night.

Sounds like a winning formula.