aberdeen-music

Moshulu/warehouse

ido

I really enjoyed the Campus on Friday. Got a few free things ;) It had the same atmosphere as the bassment used to, the music was less "rocky" was the only difference.

Briefly went upstairs, its looked quite good. The music was pretty awful ( i was too sober to handle it ) and the bathroom contained the standard screechy ladies that i try to avoid when peeing. Looking forward to their rock night or cathouse night or whatever its going to be!!

Happy that Aberdeen is not so miserable :D

I really enjoyed the Campus on Friday. Got a few free things ;) It had the same atmosphere as the bassment used to, the music was less "rocky" was the only difference.

Briefly went upstairs, its looked quite good. The music was pretty awful ( i was too sober to handle it ) and the bathroom contained the standard screechy ladies that i try to avoid when peeing. Looking forward to their rock night or cathouse night or whatever its going to be!!

Happy that Aberdeen is not so miserable :D

I expect the gents to be a) flooded b) reeking of shit c) have no toilet roll because people have used it to flood them. Anything else just won't be Moshulu. Those toilets were brutal.

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker

I think it is good that garage have chosen to open in Aberdeen because just think of the amount of acts that would normally only go as far as Glasgow and Edinburgh and bring to Aberdeen.

Guest Cool Thinker
Yeah, they would never have got touring bands up here when it was Moshulu.

More people will come up here because of the Glasgow Garage, Moshulu got some but there would be more chance with a well known brand in Glasgow doing the talking.

I expect the gents to be a) flooded b) reeking of shit c) have no toilet roll because people have used it to flood them. Anything else just won't be Moshulu. Those toilets were brutal.

The girls had filled at least 3 of the toilets with toilet roll. I never understand why people do that??

Even the lack of a bin, they could just flush it...

I went on Saturday night and was a little disappointed to be honest. Think I built it up in my head too much - Campus is decent enough, pretty much exactly the same as Bassment, cheap cocktails etc, same decor pretty much. Music was awful, absolutely terrible. Full of students as well, shrieking and 'OMG'ing at every Pitbull or Minaj song that came on. Left and went to Garage. While queing to get it, there were a fair amount of folk walking past saying 'fucking shit' etc which did not fill me with high hopes. I've only been in Aurum once but it reminded me of there. Same as downstairs - awful music and the G2 isn't open yet. According to one of the bar staff, the 'rock' club part of Garage opens in a couple of weeks -they're playing chart music to 'get the punters in'. Now, I only have an HNC in Marketing but surely that defeats the purpose of trying to get repeat business - open it up as one thing and then change it completely. Barmaid said a lot of folk were saying it really wasn't what they expected. The Cathouse night should be decent though. Was a bit disappointed but as I say, may have built up a little too much. Had a textbook poo in Campus and the toilets are marvellous even if the floor was a little wet.

Aye. But it's a pub here instead of a club.

Also, cathouse is in G2 at the back of garage which will have rock nights and such. Only thing is, it was £7 to get in. I can't see anyone paying that if they just want to go to cathouse.

Isn't Cathouse in it's own building next to Central Station?