aberdeen-music

Moshulu/warehouse

ido

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I was wondering too, walked past last weekend and everything is still the old Bassment/Warehouse signs...only 2 months to go until Lanegan...this will be disappointing if it's a cock-up...

I wondered this too, lots of tours and gigs are being announced for Autumn so I was expecting more news, but there has been no updates on this since the initial anouncement and it doesn't look like any work has taken place - a little worrying with only two months to go (presumably it needs a lot of refurbishment to soundproof the place better?)

I wondered this too, lots of tours and gigs are being announced for Autumn so I was expecting more news, but there has been no updates on this since the initial anouncement and it doesn't look like any work has taken place - a little worrying with only two months to go (presumably it needs a lot of refurbishment to soundproof the place better?)

Where have you seen the other gig announcements? Anytime I do a search on the Garage Aberdeen the only thing that seems to come up is the solitary Lanegan gig...seems a bit odd that there is not even a half-arsed venue website, even if it was 'under construction' it would be something...I'm preparing for disappointment and trying to get ticket refunds...

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I do enjoy the Moorings. Although i notice there are regulars who give some people the whole "you are not local" feeling when entering and drinking in the bar.

Despite drinking there since I was about 18 in the days when it was fairly fucking dead half the time and (comparatively speaking) reasonably grotty, I mostly get this patronising chat when I go there nowadays as well. "You look lost mate" type stuff. Do I...OK thanks for your concern, I think I'll be alright though.

• Upvote 1

Where have you seen the other gig announcements? Anytime I do a search on the Garage Aberdeen the only thing that seems to come up is the solitary Lanegan gig...seems a bit odd that there is not even a half-arsed venue website, even if it was 'under construction' it would be something...I'm preparing for disappointment and trying to get ticket refunds...

sorry I didn't make that very clear...I mean I am seeing lots of tours announced for Autumn kind of time, the type of places you'd think that maybe Moshulu/Garage would be the ideal venue but have heard of no other bookings for the venue except for Mark Lanegan.

sorry I didn't make that very clear...I mean I am seeing lots of tours announced for Autumn kind of time, the type of places you'd think that maybe Moshulu/Garage would be the ideal venue but have heard of no other bookings for the venue except for Mark Lanegan.

Ah OK....yeah for a venue allegedly holding a gig in 2 months time to have no other advertised gigs seems v. strange.

Guest Giles Walker
Despite drinking there since I was about 18 in the days when it was fairly fucking dead half the time and (comparatively speaking) reasonably grotty, I mostly get this patronising chat when I go there nowadays as well. "You look lost mate" type stuff. Do I...OK thanks for your concern, I think I'll be alright though.

Probably the moustache.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, Glad to see you're looking forwards to the new venue opening. Just wanted to confirm Mark Lanegan is going ahead, there will soon be some building work taking place, we're gearing up for a whole new set of club nights and are in talks with promoters about booking in more gigs.

We're working on social media, websites, interiors, stock, staff, flyers, suppliers, sound, lights, services, promotions and on and on and on so bear with us while we get it all in place. As soon as we're ready to give you all the info we will!

Thanks!

• Upvote 7