aberdeen-music

Tattoo studios Aberdeen

manalive

It was all over the Rock 'n' Roll facebook that they were kicking the Aberdeen branch off the brand because of hygiene. That said, I had work done there and had no problems. Fresh needles etc, all the usual checks. Good work, decent price and they work really quickly. Language barrier can be a bit of a pain in the arse, the receptionist speaks English but none of the artists do, so she has to work as translator.

I'll still be going back though, I think there's something awfully fucking fishy about them being "closed down" for hygiene reasons but none of the artists lost their licence and the place re-opened immediately.

xx

I've got 3 -one done at a place in Keith. Doesn't fill you with confidence with the artist's name is 'Rusty'. Saying that, he was fine and the tattoo is fine.

Had another at Retro Rebels before they closed - where did Lee go? He did it and it's the one I'm happiest with.

I got one at Rock n Roll before it was renamed. Didn't see much wrong with the hygeine etc, language barrier wasn't a problem because it was simple writing on my inner bicep.

Wanting someone to design my half sleeve but unsure where to go - I'll need one tattoo incorporated into it or covered up as it's on the arm I want the half sleeve on.

Suggestions?

I don't get it. Rock n Roll were shut down but it's ok to open under a new name a few days later?
It was all over the Rock 'n' Roll facebook that they were kicking the Aberdeen branch off the brand because of hygiene. That said, I had work done there and had no problems. Fresh needles etc, all the usual checks. Good work, decent price and they work really quickly. Language barrier can be a bit of a pain in the arse, the receptionist speaks English but none of the artists do, so she has to work as translator.

I'll still be going back though, I think there's something awfully fucking fishy about them being "closed down" for hygiene reasons but none of the artists lost their licence and the place re-opened immediately.

xx

The answer was already posted. It was the rock 'n' roll franchise that wanted them to remove links to their business. However as they still have a license from the Aberdeen City Council they are fully entitled to rename the premises (subject to them changing the paperwork and the council possibly reinspecting it) and remain open until their license expires, is revoked or not renewed.

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/law_licensing/licences/licensing/lic_Tattooist.asp

Might sound like a daft question but was on their website last month and only contact details they had was a mobile number which kept going straight to answerphone.......so I'm not sure? I'll have a gander at their website again just now. Ta

There is a proper number etc... on their facebook page, and it still lists Lee as a tattooist there. Arsed going and posting it haha sorry