aberdeen-music

New Found Glory pull out of Reading and Leeds Festivals

Johnny Mac

Guest highroller

well id imagine most nfg fans are going to see them on the tour...either side of the dates...thats the best option. indoor/own tour = longer set, more obscure songs, better sound as indoors, better lighting,less general/fairweather crowd. Outdoor sucks!

Id rather go watch a few bands and go home and sleep in a nice bed.

New Found Glory are quite possibly the worst band I've ever heard. hey have absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever, which is rare.

If I was going to Leeds I'd be laughing my socks off. But I'm not so it doesn't really bother me. After all, it's still full of pish this year. All the best acts that aren't Morrissey are playing the minor stages this year.

Guest highroller
their reason for doing it is a bit shit though...

what? why on earth is it?

the chance to go on the vma's and play to literally hundreds of millions people worldwide or play two festival dates in the UK when they are here pretty regularly anyway and have broken the UK.

I dont give a rats ass about hardcore or punk ethos...no band in their right mind would do reading and leeds over the VMA's...

what? why on earth is it?

the chance to go on the vma's and play to literally hundreds of millions people worldwide or play two festival dates in the UK when they are here pretty regularly anyway and have broken the UK.

I dont give a rats ass about hardcore or punk ethos...no band in their right mind would do reading and leeds over the VMA's...

Yeah, especially since of those twats is always going on about how he used to be in a hardcore band... real hardcore, pulling out of a date with a weeks notice when thousands of fans would've been looking forward to seeing you here. I'm sure most people would love to play the VMA's, but most people wouldn't be gimpish enough to let down a whole lot of people and renege on committments that they've made...

Guest highroller
Yeah' date=' especially since of those twats is always going on about how he used to be in a hardcore band... real hardcore, pulling out of a date with a weeks notice when thousands of fans would've been looking forward to seeing you here. I'm sure most people would love to play the VMA's, but most people wouldn't be gimpish enough to let down a whole lot of people and renege on committments that they've made...[/quote']

like i said...real nfg fans will be going to one of the headlining dates they have around the country...

Guest highroller
and let's not blow the numbers of their fanbase out of proportion' date=' thousands of fans hoping to see them?, i sincerely hope not!!![/quote']

yes thousands buckwheat!

like i said...real nfg fans will be going to one of the headlining dates they have around the country...

Not necessarily, I'd go to a festival like Reading or Leeds to see lots of bands I really liked, when I wouldn't be able to go to Glasgow for each of those bands gigs, due to lack of money, work, etc... I just think any band should have the integrity to honour committments unless absolutely necessary. Even pop-punk pap like NFG.

Muse managed to play at T in the Park despite the fact the drummers father had died just a matter of days ago, and NFG pull out because they get to play one song on the TELEVISION! Whoa mama! But then they're probably too deferrent to their management company to have the balls to honour their tour dates. Punk rock!

Guest highroller

well i have a choice...a country retreat at my parents farmhouse sat on 6 acres of lovely countryside 8 miles outside of ellon which im looking after while my parents are in indonesia. A large top floor apartment in central Aberdeen.

well i have a choice...a country retreat at my parents farmhouse sat on 6 acres of lovely countryside 8 miles outside of ellon which im looking after while my parents are in indonesia. A large top floor apartment in central Aberdeen.

It's like an Aberdeen version of MTV Cribs (god forbid), next you'll be telling us about the jacuzzi in which you compose all those Quik classics... or the punk to the max plasma TV on which you watch Pennywise DVDs...

Guest highroller
It's like an Aberdeen version of MTV Cribs (god forbid)' date=' next you'll be telling us about the jacuzzi in which you compose all those Quik classics... or the punk to the max plasma TV on which you watch Pennywise DVDs...[/quote']

dude...if only...that sounds fucking awesome.

:up: