aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

It was no laughing matter. That mans helmet had to be found!

Now if it was a rusty helmet in need of some polishing.....

I've gone off Skyrim of late. It's not a pick up and play for 30 minutes game. Still need to go back and finish it off. Same applies to Driver SF and Dark Souls.

At the moment have gotten back into playing Pro Clubs on FIFA when my xbox mates are online. Forgot how good it was... also forgot the sheer number of racist ball hogging twats that populate the pro ranked virtual player section.

Singstar. Me and my girlfriend like to indulge in a bit sometimes. We've played it about 3 nights in a row. Good fun. Better fun is beating her friend on some songs that she doesn't have the high score for. Especially as her friend hates me. And next time she'll see I've knocked her off the leaderboard and will be fuming.

• 2 months later...

Just downloading the first Mass Effect game. I've heard the series is really good but that it is best to start from the start. hopefully it doesn't turn into one of these games I get about 75% through, putting in countless hours, only to get bored of it and never complete it.

So a bear ate my horse. I jumped off, swung round and gave it some square between the eyes.

I decided to go hunting on foot. I stopped to whistle for my newly spawned horse and heard something strange. turns round, 2 bears running at me. I didn't last long at all.

How do you kill a bear with one bullet!?!?!?

So a bear ate my horse. I jumped off, swung round and gave it some square between the eyes.

I decided to go hunting on foot. I stopped to whistle for my newly spawned horse and heard something strange. turns round, 2 bears running at me. I didn't last long at all.

How do you kill a bear with one bullet!?!?!?

Bears are nothing. It's the fucking cougars that always used to get me.

I'm was playing Fez over the weekend. A bargain at 800MSP and with the 300MSP microsoft rewards promotion this month it will actually only cost 500MSP. It's a bit like a puzzle version of Super Paper Mario

Pre-ordered The Witcher 2 so that's next in line when I get back to Aberdeen at the weekend.

I've had Trials HD for over a year. Only recently managed to get all Gold Medals on the "Hard" tracks and most of them were with some faults on the tracks. The Expert tracks I completed with heaps of Faults and took me fucking ages to get through, most of the time with about 70-100 faults on the first attempts.

So Trials Evolution came out yesterday and naturally I was excited.

I've got Gold on all but 7 (out of 60) tracks already (only because I haven't played them yet), most of which I did in a single run without a single fault and haven't got more than 4 faults on a single track so far. And I've only played it for about 2 and a half hours.

And unlike Trials HD, from what I can see, there are no Platinum medals, Gold is the best.

I know they were probably trying to make it more accessible and easier for users to complete all the tracks but fucking hell. I'll have it completed 100% in a week at this rate. It's been over a year and I still haven't completed Trials HD 100%.

I've had Trials HD for over a year. Only recently managed to get all Gold Medals on the "Hard" tracks and most of them were with some faults on the tracks. The Expert tracks I completed with heaps of Faults and took me fucking ages to get through, most of the time with about 70-100 faults on the first attempts.

So Trials Evolution came out yesterday and naturally I was excited.

I've got Gold on all but 7 (out of 60) tracks already (only because I haven't played them yet), most of which I did in a single run without a single fault and haven't got more than 4 faults on a single track so far. And I've only played it for about 2 and a half hours.

And unlike Trials HD, from what I can see, there are no Platinum medals, Gold is the best.

I know they were probably trying to make it more accessible and easier for users to complete all the tracks but fucking hell. I'll have it completed 100% in a week at this rate. It's been over a year and I still haven't completed Trials HD 100%.

From the reviews I have read they say it is much easier than HD but the last 10 tracks are of the 'impossible variety'. Also there are platinum medals but I think you have to unlock gold in everything first? The multiplayer looks really distracting though. Sure it was this video that said that

If you wait a while you will probably see people chucking up insanely hard levels using the level editor so definitely no reason to abandon it yet!

EDIT: found sauce for medals comment -> http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-17-trials-evolution-review

Initially there are three medals to earn on each course, and once you've unlocked 135 and claimed the Trials Trophy you open up a series of Extreme stages, along with Platinum challenges for each of the preceding events. At Extreme level, Evolution much better resembles the Trials we've come to expect, where every new checkpoint seems impossible to reach until you somehow claw your way there, and the faultless performances required to achieve Platinum times only find your fingertips after you've studied replays and scraped every last trace of grip, balance and momentum from the ground beneath you.

So I got Mass Effect the other day, and was really enjoying it to begin with. The design of the world and the characters is really brilliant, the RPG and element and conversations you get into as really well done and the soundtrack is fucking hilarious! The combat isn’t technically brilliant, but it’s still good fun and you get a decent variety of guns for different situations. Standard duck-and-cover shooting is something I usually like, so no problems there. My main problem with it is since I became a Spectre and am able to travel freely to various systems. You get dropped onto a planet and have to use this godawful space buggy called the Mako to explore. I’m not even that sure where I’m meant to be looking – it just says “find this person in this solar system” – and I’ve aimlessly driven around 3 planets now in this shitty fucking space buggy, fighting giant space worms with the in-built cannon. It’s really fucking shit and took over an hour of my time last night, leading me to switching it off. I can’t be assed with aimless exploring anymore, or at least I can’t be assed with it when it’s boring as fuck. I just don’t have the time.

Has anyone played through it? Is this something I will have to do throughout the game, a lot? Should I stick with it? I just want to shoot things and get awesome guns and sleep with the blue alien lady.

So I got Mass Effect the other day, and was really enjoying it to begin with. The design of the world and the characters is really brilliant, the RPG and element and conversations you get into as really well done and the soundtrack is fucking hilarious! The combat isn’t technically brilliant, but it’s still good fun and you get a decent variety of guns for different situations. Standard duck-and-cover shooting is something I usually like, so no problems there. My main problem with it is since I became a Spectre and am able to travel freely to various systems. You get dropped onto a planet and have to use this godawful space buggy called the Mako to explore. I’m not even that sure where I’m meant to be looking – it just says “find this person in this solar system” – and I’ve aimlessly driven around 3 planets now in this shitty fucking space buggy, fighting giant space worms with the in-built cannon. It’s really fucking shit and took over an hour of my time last night, leading me to switching it off. I can’t be assed with aimless exploring anymore, or at least I can’t be assed with it when it’s boring as fuck. I just don’t have the time.

Has anyone played through it? Is this something I will have to do throughout the game, a lot? Should I stick with it?I just want to shoot things and get awesome guns and sleep with the blue alien lady.

yeah the first one is rough around the edges and they trimmed most of the aimless exploration out for the 2nd one, (althoguh they included a planet 'mining' system to get resources which is pretty dull and time consuming but nowhere near as bad). You might be better off moving on to the 2nd one where the whole thing is more polished ..... I did get through the first game but there were a few annoying points i have to admit!