aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

Yes your town could fail, i've not played much before either though.  I always thought previous Sim City games had rubbish interfaces.  They seem to have really sorted it out in this one as the UI looks lovely.

No it wont really effect the other players if someone plays less, you don't have to trade with the other towns in your region but if you want to you can share resources like fire engines, police, garbage trucks etc.

I'm going to try and make a touristy as fuck town first.  Then maybe a gambling town after that.

It does have an independent graphics card, i think.  It was described as a "gaming laptop", but according to my pompous pc gaming colleagues, no such thing exists. 

Nah you dont get gaming laptops as such, just ones with slightly better graphics cards. If you want a gaming PC you need a stack really. Or a Steam box when they finally release it.

Why?

Just seems a bit bland. Sure it's got more power than before but that was to be expected. Not heard anything that suggests that the online experience will be any better. The wee touch pad looks pretty cool but how it will be used is yet to be seen. If it only appears on the Playstation I can see it getting lignored by the multi platform developers as it would something extra to add in to a game.The game they showed, I'm pretty sure I seen it running on a PS3 last year at a trade show on youtube. Pretty poor. Surely they should of chosen something people haven't seen before to showcase the new console.

Edited by Flights

Just seems a bit bland. Sure it's got more power than before but that was to be expected. Not heard anything that suggests that the online experience will be any better. The wee touch pad looks pretty cool but how it will be used is yet to be seen. If it only appears on the Playstation I can see it getting lignored by the multi platform developers as it would something extra to add in to a game.The game they showed, I'm pretty sure I seen it running on a PS3 last year at a trade show on youtube. Pretty poor. Surely they should of chosen something people haven't seen before to showcase the new console.

The touch pad is the same as the one on the Vita so it's an established control option in PS structure. 

They showed quite a few games, which one do you mean?

I can also tell you that they didn't show any AAA titles at that event, there stuff from Naughty Dog and Media Molecule very likely to be shown at E3 (which is a bigger event and the Feb event was just a teaser).