aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

In the vein of "Last Film You Watched" / "Your Current Read" / "What CDs have you been buying recently?" etc.

I finished up Marvel: Ultimate Alliance last night (though still need to go back through and get some of the unlocks). I picked it up second hand in HMV for a fiver and it was well worth it, got a good month of casual gaming out of it, though being 5 years old it looks kinda dated.

Got a start on Batman Arkham City this morning. Initial impression is that everything seems a bit smoother and quicker than the first game, but the menus etc are more complicated. It's going to take a bit of getting used to. I LOVED the first game...

So, what are you playing? :popcorn:

Currently working through

-Skyrim, nearly finished, just story missions left and a few random sidequests. No fucking way I can be arsed with getting 1000/1000 gamerscore though. Pretty sure I will get over 900 with the missions I have left so that is good enough. Already spent far too much time on the game.

-Dark Souls. Only just started - it's very hard, infuriatingly so. Choosing the bandit who is for 'experienced' players was a bad move though. Can't even block without losing health and still not managed to time the parry properly.

- Bastion. Brilliant. Best downloadable game of 2011.

- Stacking. Tim Schafer delivers again.

- Beyond Good & Evil HD. bought on sale for 240msp. Total bargain at that price.

I also have Driver San Francisco, Deus Ex sitting in a pile of things to play. Also recently bought the Fallout New Vegas DLC when it was 50% off so will need to go back and finish that too.

Football Manager - on a 5 game winless run with the Dons. Not happy.

Battlefield 3 - Finally unlocked air to air missiles on jets, having fun with mortars and EOD bots and have restarted the campain on the regular setting instead of the hard one as I was getting immensley annoyed.

Fifa 12 - Top of my champions league group with Aberdeen

I’ve gone a bit mental in the last couple of months and bought more games than I could possibly get around to actually playing. I got Fifa 12, AC: Revelations, Batman and Skyrim and have played them all a bit. They’re all very good, but I’ve spread myself too thin: there’s no way I’ll have time to complete them all. I also really want FM2012, but definitely won’t have time for that. I also inexplicably really want to get the new WWE game as they used to be well good back in the day. Has anyone played it?

I WANT IT ALL.

I spent a lot of time over Christmas/ New Year playing old analog games like dominoes and bagatelle, but if my son buys pne of those Retrode things ( which let you play mega drive and nintendo games on the computer using the original controllers) then I can see me having a Micro Machines and Road Rash frenzy soon.

I spent a lot of time over Christmas/ New Year playing old analog games like dominoes and bagatelle, but if my son buys pne of those Retrode things ( which let you play mega drive and nintendo games on the computer using the original controllers) then I can see me having a Micro Machines and Road Rash frenzy soon.

Micro Machines was ace on the Mega Drive, 8 folk sharing 4 controllers always ended in fun, or violence.

skyrim. endlessly. it may result in divorce.

When I first got it, I was staying up until 2/3am playing it even when I had 9am starts and in the run up to exams. It is incredibly addictive. Not played it in the last couple of weeks but once it goes back in the xbox it won't be out until it is completed!

Although I would like to do another playthrough trying a mage or a 2h/dual wield character. The one I am doing atm is light armour with mace/shield. Totally neglected archery but as soon as you upgrade enchanting and blacksmithing skills you can make ridiculously powerful weapons and armour with 2x enchantments each so I put +40% 1 handed weapon and archery enchantments on everything I could. Sneaking around a building and killing everything without even taking a hit is ridiculously easy now