aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

Wolfenstein 2. I don't play many games so no idea how it compares to other FPS, but it's great fun. Spraying bullets at Nazis and Nazi robots is incredibly satisfying. Even better getting up close and putting an axe through their neck and a bullet through their face.

Also playing NHL18. I haven't played one in about 4 years, but they must have phoned the last few in as it doesn't feel different to the last one I did play on the 360. Must've been 13. The commentary is annoyingly bad. Still nothing in the way of a story mode like FIFA and Madden have. 3 on 3 is great fun though. NBA Jam levels of fun. Glad I got it cheap, cos it's certainly not £40's worth of game here.

• 2 weeks later...

L.A. Noire - Very much feels like a ps3 game. But I do enjoy the story and it was on sale, plus my gf really enjoys games like Telltale Games or Until Dawn so I thought she'd enjoy it too.

GTA V - Started the story again. The driving mechanics (or lack of) in L.A. Noire had me pining for GTA. Plus now there's a Blonded radio station. Driving around Los Santos listening to Frank Ocean - Ivy is all I ever wanted in a game.

My gf just got Sims 4. So I'll probably get stuck in to that too. Rooms without doors and pools without ladders and that.

15 hours ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

L.A. Noire - Very much feels like a ps3 game. But I do enjoy the story and it was on sale, plus my gf really enjoys games like Telltale Games or Until Dawn so I thought she'd enjoy it too.

GTA V - Started the story again. The driving mechanics (or lack of) in L.A. Noire had me pining for GTA. Plus now there's a Blonded radio station. Driving around Los Santos listening to Frank Ocean - Ivy is all I ever wanted in a game.

My gf just got Sims 4. So I'll probably get stuck in to that too. Rooms without doors and pools without ladders and that.

TL;DR - Jake got a girlfriend.

xx

• 2 months later...

Ended up selling L.A. Noire before completing it. I just wanted to play GTAV instead.

But last month's PS+ had Bloodborne, and Mad Max was free from yesterday, plus Binding of Isaac. Finally unlocked the negative in Isaac. Bloodborne I haven't left the first city, was starting a new game to show my gf the scary intro, did a better run with her character (she wasn't interested in playing) then died and turned it off.

Oh and for some weird reason, Snake Mania on facebook. 

On 12/7/2017 at 8:27 PM, Jaaakkkeee said:

My game broke. As in, I spent ages doing side quests, slogging away too, and I ended up collecting loads of connecting holotapes. Googled them, turns out they're part of a Nick Valentine quest. Cool. Go to get him, he's not at my main settlement. Okay, cool, he might be in his office. Nope. Oh, I was doing that mission with him a while ago, he might be there. No. So, I go to every settlement and build a bell to ring so they all come. Do it at every one, and he's not at any. I looked online, it can happen often, and only people that found him were people on PC or Xbox with a Mod. He is always in a random place, and sometimes stuck. I couldn't find the Mod on PS4, gave up. Really wanted to get the DLC, but he's a big part of it. So, just abandoned it. I don't want to start a new game because I'll never be as lucky as I was when I started my current save.

I've hit a weird bug where no one in the Prydwen will talk to me. I was running back and forth doing the mission where you persuade farms to give you their crops. And I used to have this issue every time I did it where the guy would give me his closing line, let me know if you want any more missions or whatever, and the camera wouldn't cut away, there would just be 10 seconds of us gazing into each others eyes not talking (we're still nae spikkin'). But it would normally reset and I could initiate another chat and get another mission from him. Only this time it didn't, it hung for ages then when I tried talking to him again it was like he was ignoring me. 

"Proctor Quinlan."

Silence. 

"Proctor Quinlan" 

Silence. 

Now no-one else on the Prydwen will talk to me either so I can't do any of the Brotherhood of Steel missions. I'm carrying around all these technical documents like a dick. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've started playing Cities Skyline. I don't even know why. It's somehow zero fun, but completely addictive. Constant moaning that taxes are too high and their rubbish isn't getting collected. Welcome to reality, guys. It's ugly and expensive. 

The city's water pump broke and I didn't realise right away, everyone drank sewage, got sick and died. Streets of abandoned houses. I didn't have enough cemeteries with enough hearses to collect the dead bodies. 

DARK.

Edited by Soda Jerk

Finished the story mode on Fallout 4 last night, the last mission was a lot of fun, what a great game. Still got loads and loads of side missions to do. 

You know who the faction you side with affects your status with other factions right? I did a few missions for all of them but in the end I sided with the Minutemen, because Minutemen booooiiii. 

(warning spoilers ahead) 

So I went and did the final mission and blew up the Institute with the Minutemen then went and read all the possible endings out of curiosity and apparently if you side with the Minutemen at some point before you attack the Institute you get in to it with the Brotherhood of Steel and you have to destroy them. That never happened for me. I finished the story then I went back in to the two Brotherhood HQs (the Cambridge Police Station and the Prwdwyn) and everyone was just like woo Minutemen, you guys rule. And they're still giving me missions. So I think i did something wrong. I brought peace to the Commonwealth by accident. I'm not sure where I stand with The Railroad. I'll try going in there tonight. 

1 hour ago, ca_gere said:

It took me faaaarrr too long to figure out that those ‘settlement needs your help’ missions never end. I probably spent 50 hours trying to complete them.

Same. I did a lot of Cleaning The Commonwealth missions for the Brotherhood of Steel before realising a lot of them were starting to seem familiar because I was doing the same missions over and over again. Good way to build up XP though.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, Soda Jerk said:

I've started playing Cities Skyline. I don't even know why. It's somehow zero fun, but completely addictive. Constant moaning that taxes are too high and their rubbish isn't getting collected. Welcome to reality, guys. It's ugly and expensive. 

The city's water pump broke and I didn't realise right away, everyone drank sewage, got sick and died. Streets of abandoned houses. I didn't have enough cemeteries with enough hearses to collect the dead bodies. 

DARK.

Get the auto demolish abandoned/burnt buildings mod. It's the best thing on the Steam workshop.

And when you start setting up longer junctions off your main freight train line to allow grace areas before freight stations to avoid congestion...come talk to me. Cos now you're really addicted.

3TMv6HW.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Fortnite: Battle Royale for something to drop quickly in and out of, and it's astonishing how bad the players are. I can finish in the top 10 every time without any effort at all, and usually in the top 5. I'm not even any good at these games, but the other players are just bad.

Edited by Cloud

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

I've been playing Fortnite: Battle Royale for something to drop quickly in and out of, and it's astonishing how bad the players are. I can finish in the top 10 every time without any effort at all, and usually in the top 5. I'm not even any good at these games, but the other players are just bad.

If my household is typical, the average age of players is about 8 yrs old.  My 11 yr old regularly wins matches and little sibling (5) can mash through unscathed for long enough to come in the top 20.  From what I've seen you can just stay out of trouble and let the other players take themselves out with fall-damage or by spamming a grenade-launcher in all directions. 

I don't get it.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:52 PM, Cloud said:

It's matchmaking. So if you're getting put in matches with people who are bad, it's cos you are bad too.

On 5/23/2018 at 6:00 PM, Teabags said:

It's matchmaking. So if you're getting put in matches with people who are bad, it's cos you are bad too.

Hahahaha, that explains everything!

Fortnite is just weird, there's no reason whatsoever to pay for anything, yet people spending huge amounts of cash on it. I don't get it.

Edited by Cloud

Open source (it's on Steam though, I believe) spaceship game called Endless Sky (apparently a spiritual successor to an Escape Velocity series that was big on the... Mac). Sort of like a combination of a nomadic version of a 4X strategy and a horribly addictive sandbox sim. And free.

7 hours ago, Cloud said:

there's no reason whatsoever to pay for anything, yet people spending huge amounts of cash on it. I don't get it.

That's the nature of most F2P (and some not F2P) games these days. It's essentially why there are so many of them. Because of the "whales". You'd be amazed how much some people will spend on a game. I'm talking one person spending over $100k in a year on a F2P game. And they're not alone, there's a lot of them. Insanity.

8 hours ago, Cloud said:

Hahahaha, that explains everything!

Fortnite is just weird, there's no reason whatsoever to pay for anything, yet people spending huge amounts of cash on it. I don't get it.

29 minutes ago, Teabags said:

That's the nature of most F2P (and some not F2P) games these days. It's essentially why there are so many of them. Because of the "whales". You'd be amazed how much some people will spend on a game. I'm talking one person spending over $100k in a year on a F2P game. And they're not alone, there's a lot of them. Insanity.

I mean, if you compare it to someone who says, goes golfing once a week, and buys all the stuff. Or hey, how much do bands spend on equipment and practice time and travel, and to a lot of people that's just a hobbie, like video games. 

On 5/31/2018 at 9:45 PM, James Broonbreed said:

I don't know anyone whos golf club membership is over £100000 per year.

There are obviously some folk that go over the score. But I find it hard to judge people on spending money on games, when I've spent hundreds if not thousands on band stuff over the years. 

Golf though - about a tenner a week, if it's summer you do two rounds a week. that was back over 10 years ago like. but right away that's easy like £700 a year. then you've got either your packed lunch for the course or your meal at the clubhouse after. Lost balls? I'd say buy a new pack of 3 a week. And didn't go for the cheapos. I was young enough that my feet were still growing. That's a new pair of Adidas golf shoes a year. New golf slacks/shorts/waterproofs for playing rainy days per year. hats. maybe a new putter or driver once in a while. I stopped playing once I left school. But if I had continued, the costs would just be stupidly high at this point. all for a hobby.

let the kids have their stupid emotes/skins. Obviously some kids will put all their money in to it, or worse, all their parents money. But that's more on the parents. On PS4 you can have a parent account that has the credit card details, and you have to manually put money in the sub accounts' wallets. If the parents are too technologically inept (which is their own fault for not taking the time to learn how to use it) and they don't teach their kids the value of money, then that's on the parents. Of course a young kid is gonna want the cool new outfit for his player so he looks cool for his pals online. But back before the internet you had to get your mum to come to a shop with you and buy you stuff that you couldn't afford. If they parents are letting kids hyped up on mountain due run riot with their bank details. that's on the parents. 

2 hours ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

There are obviously some folk that go over the score. But I find it hard to judge people on spending money on games, when I've spent hundreds if not thousands on band stuff over the years. 

Golf though - about a tenner a week, if it's summer you do two rounds a week. that was back over 10 years ago like. but right away that's easy like £700 a year. then you've got either your packed lunch for the course or your meal at the clubhouse after. Lost balls? I'd say buy a new pack of 3 a week. And didn't go for the cheapos. I was young enough that my feet were still growing. That's a new pair of Adidas golf shoes a year. New golf slacks/shorts/waterproofs for playing rainy days per year. hats. maybe a new putter or driver once in a while. I stopped playing once I left school. But if I had continued, the costs would just be stupidly high at this point. all for a hobby.

let the kids have their stupid emotes/skins. Obviously some kids will put all their money in to it, or worse, all their parents money. But that's more on the parents. On PS4 you can have a parent account that has the credit card details, and you have to manually put money in the sub accounts' wallets. If the parents are too technologically inept (which is their own fault for not taking the time to learn how to use it) and they don't teach their kids the value of money, then that's on the parents. Of course a young kid is gonna want the cool new outfit for his player so he looks cool for his pals online. But back before the internet you had to get your mum to come to a shop with you and buy you stuff that you couldn't afford. If they parents are letting kids hyped up on mountain due run riot with their bank details. that's on the parents. 

If you were losing three golf balls a week it's probably for the best you took up music instead. 

I also used to play golf as a teenager, it's an expensive hobby. But most things are if you're trying to get serious about them. I've been doing a bit of running over the last year which is refreshingly easy on the wallet, at least to start with. €100 odd on a half decent pair of running shoes and you're good to go.