aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

Tom clancys siege is amazing despite a few bad reviews of folk who didn't like it. A proper close quarters combat tactical game not your run and gun like call of duty. 

Bought tom clancys division yesterday, started playing it this morning and I'm quite impressed with it. Very good story line to it and good combat scenarios and the graphics are amazing. Game also got me to buy the season pack Aswell which is actually a huge boost as it gives you great guns and extras. 

I I did also buy Homefront revelations but haven't had the chance to play it yet as I'm addicted to division. 

• 2 months later...

Picked up FarCry 4 and WWE2k16 cheap as fuck on steam last night. I bought WWE15 on a random impulse from a steam sale and was(Stone Cold) stunned by how much I loved it given I haven't watched wrasslin' since the Attitude era. So when I saw the new 'un for cheapasfuck then I figured I go for it. Looking forward to finishing up work tonight and playing it. Fucking 40GB though, that's fucking mental, right?! I had thought a BIG game was, like 12-15GB?!

xx

4 hours ago, Stroopy121 said:

Picked up FarCry 4 and WWE2k16 cheap as fuck on steam last night. I bought WWE15 on a random impulse from a steam sale and was(Stone Cold) stunned by how much I loved it given I haven't watched wrasslin' since the Attitude era. So when I saw the new 'un for cheapasfuck then I figured I go for it. Looking forward to finishing up work tonight and playing it. Fucking 40GB though, that's fucking mental, right?! I had thought a BIG game was, like 12-15GB?!

xx

40 is quite regular I think. That's why a 500gb ps4 is basically 90% figuring out what games you want to delete to install a new one and 10% playing the new game.

No Man's Sky. Lot of hype, equal amount of hate. People seem to be getting really mad at Sean Murray for lying. But, all the things he lied about, I don't really care about. Enjoying my minecraft meets animal watching meets space experience.

After getting sick of the utter grind that is unlocking the last cassette tapes in Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, I watched them on youtube then started on Ground Zeroes. Fox Engine is absolutely beautiful and I look forward to MG: SurviVe.

6 hours ago, Stroopy121 said:

xx

The WWE 2K games are really good, I like how much I can customise it, make new shows, new PPVs, new wrestlers, new arenas etc. Do your own story lines. For a wrestling fan it's cool being able to "fantasy book" WWE the way you'd like to it to be, and make all your favourites the champions and stuff. My only complaint with 2k16 is that it's exactly the same as the previous games. All they've done is update the roster and change the colour of the menus.  Exactly the same game. 

18 hours ago, Lemonade said:

The WWE 2K games are really good, I like how much I can customise it, make new shows, new PPVs, new wrestlers, new arenas etc. Do your own story lines. For a wrestling fan it's cool being able to "fantasy book" WWE the way you'd like to it to be, and make all your favourites the champions and stuff. My only complaint with 2k16 is that it's exactly the same as the previous games. All they've done is update the roster and change the colour of the menus.  Exactly the same game. 

Yeah I do feel a bit conned by that - this game should have been some DLC I think. Though when you create a wrestler now you can import a photo and it'll model it, which I think is new? If that's in 2k15 then I missed it. Might make one modeled after Piers Morgan and pummel him into the ground.

xx

1 hour ago, Stroopy121 said:

Yeah I do feel a bit conned by that - this game should have been some DLC I think. Though when you create a wrestler now you can import a photo and it'll model it, which I think is new? If that's in 2k15 then I missed it. Might make one modeled after Piers Morgan and pummel him into the ground.

xx

Ah maybe. I'm still rolling like it's 2008 with my XBox 360. That version was completely phoned in but I haven't played the XBox One version. . 

4 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Ah maybe. I'm still rolling like it's 2008 with my XBox 360. That version was completely phoned in but I haven't played the XBox One version. . 

I'm PC Master Race, when my 360 died I couldn't decide between xbone and pissfour, plus I put together a gaming rig that would match/beat any new console for about £100 less than I'd pay, and can upgrade my hardware when need/budget allow. The actual main reason was the Steam sales, picking up games like 2K16 for £8 when it's still £25 or so on consoles.

What about the rest of you? Xbox? PS? PC? Other?

xx

On 6/3/2016 at 9:36 AM, Jaaakkkeee said:

Got Uncharted 4 with my new PS4. Loved it. Went and got the Nathan Drake collection and completed all 3 in a week. On a Naughty Dog binge so I'm currently depressing myself like fuck doing The Last Of Us again. 

Picked up Last of Us not knowing anything about it. Floored. Such a great game. Any suggestions of similar games to this? (movie-like plot + awesome action). I've got the uncharteds except the newest one, which i'll pick up when it's cheap.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Picked up Last of Us not knowing anything about it. Floored. Such a great game. Any suggestions of similar games to this? (movie-like plot + awesome action). I've got the uncharteds except the newest one, which i'll pick up when it's cheap.

Uncharted, by the same studio (Naughty Dog) and that's a great story. Uncharted 4 looks beautiful. And you can get the remastered Nathan Drake Collection (Uncharted 1-3) now for pretty cheap pre-owned.

On 8/23/2016 at 4:01 PM, ca_gere said:

I've played Last of Us through 3 times now.  Will probably play it again soon.  I just think its absolutely brilliant.  I mean, its no secret that it is a highly rated game, I just can't quite put my finger on what it is that makes me so captivated by it.  The gameplay is really good, the characters and story are great, but there is a je n'est ce quoi mixed in there somewhere.  10 out of bloody 10.  

• Upvote 1

On 22/08/2016 at 8:21 AM, Stroopy121 said:

xx

I gave WWE2k16 a go, as it's free on Xbox One right now.

Is there any way to be, like, good at it? I just keep getting destroyed against the CPU. And the mini-games to break out of submission moves and pins are shite. What happened to the tried-and-tested button mashing?

But overall, everything just gets reversed. My matches pretty much go likes this:

Right, Orton, I'm going to lay into you with some punches to get the crowd going. Oh, but you blocked the first one, and I'm bodyslammed on the ground. Not to worry, I'm up, and your face is going to taste the mat with this DDT. Nah, you've reversed it, and I'm heading to Suplex City. Bam! Can I get up? Nah, you're going to stamp on my head for ages. You sometimes let me get half way up, and then just cave my head in again, you cunt. That's cool. Pin already? I scraped out of it, only just, fuck those spinning circle things. Get in, I finally get something in without you reversing it. Irish whip into the turnbuckle. I'm going to run at you with an enormous clothesline. Eat this. Oh, you ducked it, now you're smashing my head against the turnbuckle. Repeat the head-stamp and pin attempt. Fluked escape. Fuck you Orton. I'm just going to throw you out of the ring, because you're doing my head in. Oh, reverse irish whip, and I'm catapulted over the top rope instead. The exact opposite of what I wanted to happen. Well, just wait til you get down here. I'm smashing you into that announce table. Or maybe not, you've reversed that, and my body has now destroyed the announce table. Start > Quit. Fuck you, game.

On August 24, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Jaaakkkeee said:

Uncharted, by the same studio (Naughty Dog) and that's a great story. Uncharted 4 looks beautiful. And you can get the remastered Nathan Drake Collection (Uncharted 1-3) now for pretty cheap pre-owned.

My only pre-requisite for suggestions was 'other than uncharted'. Thanks though

17 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

I gave WWE2k16 a go, as it's free on Xbox One right now.

Is there any way to be, like, good at it? I just keep getting destroyed against the CPU. And the mini-games to break out of submission moves and pins are shite. What happened to the tried-and-tested button mashing?

But overall, everything just gets reversed. My matches pretty much go likes this:

Right, Orton, I'm going to lay into you with some punches to get the crowd going. Oh, but you blocked the first one, and I'm bodyslammed on the ground. Not to worry, I'm up, and your face is going to taste the mat with this DDT. Nah, you've reversed it, and I'm heading to Suplex City. Bam! Can I get up? Nah, you're going to stamp on my head for ages. You sometimes let me get half way up, and then just cave my head in again, you cunt. That's cool. Pin already? I scraped out of it, only just, fuck those spinning circle things. Get in, I finally get something in without you reversing it. Irish whip into the turnbuckle. I'm going to run at you with an enormous clothesline. Eat this. Oh, you ducked it, now you're smashing my head against the turnbuckle. Repeat the head-stamp and pin attempt. Fluked escape. Fuck you Orton. I'm just going to throw you out of the ring, because you're doing my head in. Oh, reverse irish whip, and I'm catapulted over the top rope instead. The exact opposite of what I wanted to happen. Well, just wait til you get down here. I'm smashing you into that announce table. Or maybe not, you've reversed that, and my body has now destroyed the announce table. Start > Quit. Fuck you, game.

The MyCareer seems to ease you in a little bit, but it's still frustrating as fuck. Especially the submissions. The minigame for those is the WORST. I've been fucking destroying someone, have a full health bar more than them, and be beaten by a submission hold because it's such a wonky piece of shit. Reversals seem to be the key though. I don't even both attacking that much, just wait for them to and go for the reversal. Anything else is a waste of time.

xx

6 hours ago, Stroopy121 said:

The MyCareer seems to ease you in a little bit, but it's still frustrating as fuck. Especially the submissions. The minigame for those is the WORST. I've been fucking destroying someone, have a full health bar more than them, and be beaten by a submission hold because it's such a wonky piece of shit. Reversals seem to be the key though. I don't even both attacking that much, just wait for them to and go for the reversal. Anything else is a waste of time.

xx

I'm garbage at reversals. It seems that you need Jedi reactions to nail them. Mine always says too late, even if I just stand still and wait for it to appear with my finger on the trigger and press it instantly.

Yeah that circle chasing thing for the submissions is shite. Need to bin that, just button mash. If it's good enough for Track and Field, it's good enough for any game.

It was also 46gb. It took 12 hours to download. I had to delete 5 games to fit this 1 game.

I'm proudly shit at all video games. Newer games don't seem very forgiving towards casual gamers like me anymore.

It's the move towards simulation over arcade gameplay. I used to love the John Madden games on the mega drive and then early on with the PS1. They're so realistic now, and the level of control is so much more complex that the level of fun is compromised.

or maybe I'm just old and grouchy. Get off my lawn.