aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

Almost 100% Mad Max (just finishing the Death Races in all the different cars now I think). So bought Just Cause 3.

Serious performance issues (cos if its any less than 60 FPS I lose my shit) the story is comedically bad, though I think thats intentional, and the graphics irk me for reasons I can't put my finger on...but its open world as fuck so I'll probably spend quite a fair bit of time on it.

I explored the playstation store for the first time at the wknd. The incredibly bad UX had put me off so far.

Snagged a copy of Madden 16 for 12 dollars via a super bowl sale thing. Also got Rory mcilroy golf for cheap. Tested out the golf game first and was fucking gutted to see it's basically a slightly longer demo. I can play a single round and that's it. So fucking annoying. The madden game is the full bifter though.

How can they get away with that shit?!

16 hours ago, ca_gere said:

I explored the playstation store for the first time at the wknd. The incredibly bad UX had put me off so far.

Snagged a copy of Madden 16 for 12 dollars via a super bowl sale thing. Also got Rory mcilroy golf for cheap. Tested out the golf game first and was fucking gutted to see it's basically a slightly longer demo. I can play a single round and that's it. So fucking annoying. The madden game is the full bifter though.

How can they get away with that shit?!

The full game of tige- Rory mcilroy is so bad. Like 7 courses. No where near as in depth as it's predecessors. I sold it after a few days of having it.

been too lazy to change what disc is in so I've been playing blops online. Two 9gb updates in around a week? Okay whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Playing a great game a friend suggested called Unravel. A puzzle/platform game where you're a little dude made out of wool and you have to get to the end of the level without running out of... well... yourself. The graphics are amazing. Playing it is a really meditative experience. Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

I'm so rubbish at Rocket League.  I got it when it came out and did ok, then didn't play it for a number of months.  I've come back to it now and its so hard!  I don't understand how people fly about the pitch like they do and my timing of hits are all off.  

2 hours ago, Moose said:

I'm so rubbish at Rocket League.  I got it when it came out and did ok, then didn't play it for a number of months.  I've come back to it now and its so hard!  I don't understand how people fly about the pitch like they do and my timing of hits are all off.  

Which game modes you been playing? Playing ranked will match you better with people of similar skill. Though admittedly, I've played 90 hours and am now scoring like in the videos above. For the first 20 or so hours I was a pishflap.

Might have to get Rocket League. Looks like i'd get rinsed for hours though. Also looks like a lot of fun.

Got Hitman the other day. Fucking hard. I'd never played any of the other ones so i learned the hard way how stealthy and non-combative it is. Couldn't even pass the training for a few days. It's really annoying how they're releasing it in stages, I can't be hooped doing the same location over and over.

16 minutes ago, Teabags said:

Which game modes you been playing? Playing ranked will match you better with people of similar skill. Though admittedly, I've played 90 hours and am now scoring like in the videos above. For the first 20 or so hours I was a pishflap.

I think I'm in ranked matches, its just I got to Semi-Pro and then didn't play for months on end, so its maybe a bit skewed.  I basically only play 3v3.  Are there other modes you'd recommend?  

I play Doubles and Solo Standard. Solo Standard is for players that aren't in a party, but still play 3v3. Means you're not getting matched against a team of players, which makes it a bit better. Also, your overall rank is different from your rank for each match type. Your opverall rank only goes up, but your rank for each match type can go up and down as you win/lose game.s So if you continually suck, you'll drop to lower divisions and matchup more correctly.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Teabags said:

Overwatch. 

Forever.

This one actually meet the hype? What I've seen looks pretty ace but I always hesitate to get new FPS games before the price drops as so many of them are amazing for, like, 6 hours then just never get touched again!

EDIT: Also, is the campaign any good?

xx

Edited by Stroopy121

Absolutely seshing MGS5.  I got it on release day and only got about half way through, but I've come back to it after a few months and its really a great game, despite its flaws.  I've reached that stage where you get the right weapons and level of skill to become ridiculously deadly; just tearing through enemy bases.  I'd highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a big game to get their teeth into.  

DOOM.

It's amazing. It takes everything that's derpy about modern FPS games, throws 'em in the bin, and replaces them with pure testosterone. Multiplayer is shite, but the campaign is bananas. I want to play it forever.

Amazing soundtrack too. Stroll into a room crammed with demons that this quasi-Meshuggah noise just starts ripping through your speakers. It's perfect.