aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

I really need to pick up Batman Arkham Origins. I loved the first game so much I played through it three times which is a first for me. I completed the second one too, though I didn't like it as much. It didn't have the same creepy, claustrophobic vibe, and the enemies were unfairly hard I thought. Still good though.

Arkham Origins is good, albeit a bit less polished than the first two and it is the same map as Arkham City with a bit extra tacked on. I preferred the first one as well because it felt more guided and immersive, with each part being well designed. Going sandbox didn't make Arkham City automatically better I thought, and there were just way too many Riddler trophies etc. to superficially increase the longevity of the same. Arkham Asylum got the balance right a lot better.

I haven't finished Arkham Origins yet, but if you liked the first two games then it's worth picking up if it's cheap.

Edited by The Kernel Loaf

Had a pretty long session on Destiny last night just playing the multiplayer and it's really good.

It's basically HALO but Capture in more fun than death match (capture is just domination if you've played CoD).

I'm not sure the classes are all that balanced in multiplayer but it's still good.

Also the extra levels I got in multiplayer made the main mode more enjoyable as the strikes of where I was in the story are now less of a slog and take less time.  Recommend the game now.  It's good.

Yeah I put a fair few hours in over the weekend and am really enjoying Destiny.  Did try a few Control matches in the Crucible and found them a lot of fun. Especially some of the bigger maps where you have to get on your sparrow to move quickly between flags.  The team balancing seems pretty spot on to me at the moment, making for some really close, tense matches.  I think they've made an effort to flatten the classes so that there's no major advantage for one over the other and it doesn't seem to matter what level you are for the most part either.  But fuck the guys who go in with shields.

Mostly I've just been doing the solo story missions though and then working some bounties.  Even the solo firefights are great, great fun.  I've even found myself jumping around my sofa, or as my wife asked "why are you bouncing?" while playing it. Well, damnit, leaning helps. I had thought that sort of behaviour went out with zipsticks and other clicky joysticks.

Still haven't done a strike. From everything I've heard it doesn't sound like the kind of thing you can solo and I'm pretty unsociable when gaming these days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing CS:GO...

score was 15-14 to us, as CT on Assault.
Have to win this round to win the match
We're CT so it's hard as shit
Bought an AWP
Check stairs to the right and got nobody
Run to the containers and bump into a Terrorist scum
Shoots me up until I have 3 hp
BOOM headshot.
3hp, we're not gonna do it
Go on roof, take out a guy coming out the vents
3hp though
Look through the skylight, BOOM headshot
1 terrorist left
3hp
Go through the vent
my last remaining team mate rescues hostage
come out of vent and hear the guy on the ramp
3hp
turn to bottom of ramp
BOOM Counter Terrorists win
took out 80% of the Terrorists
with an AWP
to win the match
As CT on Assault
with 3 hp

Couldn't sleep after that

• 4 weeks later...
Really enjoying Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II after picking it up in the sale for a few quid. I've never really been absorbed by the RTS genre since the old C&C Red Alert/Tiberian Sun games back when I was at school, but even the newer ones just feel like the same game. Build a base, swarm towards other bases. It's a bit samey. I played Supreme Commander 2 for a bit, but it didn't really grab me. I can't be doing with taking over and building energy sources, or whatever. I just want to shoot faces and blow stuff up.

I dig that there's little of base-building formula on DoW II. You just saunter about in a gang and twat the shite out of Orcs. Infiltrate buildings, lob grenades out of the windows etc. Loads of blood and gore. It's quite a brainless and strategyless RTS, but it's great fun, with none of the boring stuff.

Picked up LotR: Shadow of Mordor at the weekend in the Steam sale. Fucking belter of a game. Like Assassin's Creed meets Skyrim. Love the free-flowing combat and the weapon upgrade system is awesome! I like that you just get our starting set of weapons and upgrade them, rather than spending all your points/cash upgrading one weapon then finding a new one that's a dick-load better 5 mins later. Loving it so far.

xx