aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

• 4 weeks later...

Battleblock Theater, which is okay.

NHL 13, everyone else scores shite goals that they only get for using teams with super-stats and the game gives hem the advantage cos they're a shtie rank and I'm not. OBVZ.

CS:GO, finally got the Ace! for killing every player on the enemy team during a competitive match. I rule.

LA Noire, Ace facial animations. VEry linear though. I keep noticing it's time I went to bed cos I start crashing into every car and lampost while driving about half asleep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saints Row IV on PC. Loved Saints Row 3, but in this game there's no point driving about because you can run up buildings and jump really far.

Noticed a cheeky wee reference to Day of the Tentacle:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/russianguyovich/screenshots/?appid=206420

I've also got Dark Souls working with some mods, but the keyboard and mouse controls are utter shite. Tried using a PS2 controller but it only recognises either the analog stick or the D-Pad individually (meaning you can't move and select items at the same time), so I'll need to get an Xbox controller for it.

Edited by The Kernel Loaf

Bought Destiny, spent 3 hours trying to install it on my 360 and gave up.  Figure it must be a duff disc but very frustrating.  Just kept resetting to 0% and then when I tried a different method of installing it said it couldn't read the disc. 

Went back to Tesco the next morning and got a new copy of Destiny. Installed first time with no problems. Really enjoying the game.  The story missions are a lot of fun and interactions with other players are firmly on an "if you want to" basis, it's not forced at all. Even found a football in the tower to kick around.  It doesn't feel like an MMO, it feels like an FPS that everyone just happens to be playing at the same time.  

Anyway, ignore what the forums are saying, pick it up and try it if you like action FPS games / Halo and you'll have a lot of fun.

Went back to Tesco the next morning and got a new copy of Destiny. Installed first time with no problems. Really enjoying the game.  The story missions are a lot of fun and interactions with other players are firmly on an "if you want to" basis, it's not forced at all. Even found a football in the tower to kick around.  It doesn't feel like an MMO, it feels like an FPS that everyone just happens to be playing at the same time.  

Anyway, ignore what the forums are saying, pick it up and try it if you like action FPS games / Halo and you'll have a lot of fun.

I've only got to level 8 I think but I found the Strike missions (that might be what they're called, I haven't played since last week) painfully long.

Like the "boss" fight so to speak are just really dragged out.  Not difficult mechanics or anything it just takes ages to kill them?  Still it's pretty good.

I really need to pick up Batman Arkham Origins. I loved the first game so much I played through it three times which is a first for me. I completed the second one too, though I didn't like it as much. It didn't have the same creepy, claustrophobic vibe, and the enemies were unfairly hard I thought. Still good though.

I've only got to level 8 I think but I found the Strike missions (that might be what they're called, I haven't played since last week) painfully long.

Like the "boss" fight so to speak are just really dragged out.  Not difficult mechanics or anything it just takes ages to kill them?  Still it's pretty good.

Where do you find the Strike missions? I've not done one yet.  I'm up to level 8 as well now and have just really enjoyed being able to jump in and do a mission, play a few rounds in the crucible or just fire into a patrol and wander round picking up missions.  All of those I find can be done (so far) in 20 - 40 mins making it perfect for me as I don't often get to spend hours at a time gaming.