aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

WWE 2K14. Love these games. They let you tinker with every little aspect of it and tailor it to however you want to play it. Such fun. I'm currently running a third show alongside Raw and Smackdown called Legends Of WWE with old guys on it like Virgil, Sgt Slaughter and Papa Shango, fighting for a belt I designed, in an arena I designed. It's the tits. I have my own group of wrestlers called The Disciples who are like a shit NWO and all dress in yellow and they come out to ring to The Final Countdown by Europe. I spend most of my game time creating stuff, like female wrestlers with giant boobs. Oh and my main guy is called "The Ace Card" Alex White, he wears playing card themed trunks and his finishing move is called The All-In. Best games.

Just played Hell in a Cell in my second season. I set up a title unification match between CM Punk (WWE Champ) and Christian (World Heavyweight) in the cell, with CM Punk coming out on top and unifying the titles. I also unified the US and Intercontinental titles at the same event, with Seth Rollins coming away with the gold. This gave me the chance to "reboot" WWE however I saw fit.

I cancelled Smackdown completely and replaced it with NXT on a Friday night and carried out up a draft, with all the top stars going to Monday Night Raw to fight over the championships there (all of which are now Raw exclusive, with the US Title being retired), and I put all the jobbers (David Otunga, Justin Gabriel, Santino, Zack Ryder etc), create-a-wrestlers and downloaded creations on to NXT where they get the chance to shine on the smaller stage and challenge for exclusive NXT titles. I'm doing a promotion / relegation system where every 6 months the top 3 ranked performers on NXT get the chance to swap places with the bottom three ranked competitors on Raw, with the NXT champion automatically going up in place of the bottom ranked guy, and the other two facing off in a series of matches to decide where they wrestle for the next 6 months. It's kind of a Division 1 if you will. 

On Monday Night Raw, CM Punk and Big Show have started a feud for the WWE Title which Punk is going to win at Survivor Series and at TLC on the road to another year-long title reign. Once that's over Punk is going into a feud with Dean Ambrose. Seth Rollins and Wade Barrett are arguing over the Intercontinental title, and a new "Christian Coalition" made up of Christian and Dolph Ziggler are defending the tag titles against Batista and Randy Orton of Evolution, with Ric Flair in their corner employing dirty tricks. Spoiler - Flair is going to double cross them and join the Coalition.

My champion on NXT is The Miz, my Junior champion is Chris Jericho, and my NXT Tag champions are The Spirit Squad, and they're all currently embroiled in a heated feud with a group of bad-ass ROH / TNA wrestlers who've come in to run roughshod over the WWE, comprising of Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Austin Aries, Chris Hero and AJ Styles. They cheat a lot and they want all the titles and they call themselves The Outsiders. They mostly dress in black and come out to the ring in fur coats.

On Tuesday nights is my "Legends of WWF" show, which is made up of all the old school wrestlers I unlocked while playing through the story mode, they fight for the old 80s title belts, including the old purple Intercontintental belt. The Legends WWF Champion is Bret Hitman Hart, who's currently in a feud with Andre The Giant, Macho Man Randy Savage and Yokozuna are fighting over the Legends Intercontinental title, and Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase and Virgil are the WWF Legends tag team champions, tied up in a feud with The Kliq, Razor Ramon, Diesel and Shawn Michaels. Legends of WWF takes place in a small arena with no screens and no pyro and old style metal barriers.

Lastly is my Thursday night all-Divas show "Wrestlicious" named for the short-lived but awesome wrestling promotion of the same name which ran for part of 2010 and stole our hearts. Pretty much everything in the arena is pink, ramp, ring, ropes, the lot. It's basically an old Smackdown set but with everything changed from blue to pink and no video screens. I pretty much just let this one run itself, but presently Lita is destroying all contenders to her Divas title, the secondary title which is a replica of the old WWF Women's title is being squabbled over by Layla and Natalya, and the women's tag titles are currently held by "The Union", Gail Kim and Paige managed by Stone Cold Steve Austin and proudly wearing Austin 3:16 shirts to the ring, and they're fighting off the challenge of TNA faction "The Beautiful People", made up of Angelina Love, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky and Lacey Von Erich.

I'm not sorry about a word of that. I am God in my universe.

That sounds like great fun. It makes me wish I liked Wrestling.

The last Wrestling game I played was WCW Mayhem. It was ace. GOLDBERG!

You could probably still play it and have fun just smashing cunts faces in with chairs and kendo sticks. So satisfying. WWE games are usually fun but they're a bit like Fifa, in that not much changes from year to year apart from the rosters. You can skip a year and not miss much. I usually buy every second one. One of them was total balls though, I can't remember if it was 9 or 10. Probably changed a bit since WCW Mayhem like! Was that N64? Goldberg is in WWE 2K14 actually.

You could probably still play it and have fun just smashing cunts faces in with chairs and kendo sticks. So satisfying. WWE games are usually fun but they're a bit like Fifa, in that not much changes from year to year apart from the rosters. You can skip a year and not miss much. I usually buy every second one. One of them was total balls though, I can't remember if it was 9 or 10. Probably changed a bit since WCW Mayhem like! Was that N64? Goldberg is in WWE 2K14 actually.

How beginner-friendly is it? 2K sports titles always seem to be geared towards regular gamers. I couldn't get my head around NBA 2K13. I just kept fouling everyone.

Am I going to be able to put suckers through a table right away, or am I going to have to master intricate button combos?

How beginner-friendly is it? 2K sports titles always seem to be geared towards regular gamers. I couldn't get my head around NBA 2K13. I just kept fouling everyone.

Am I going to be able to put suckers through a table right away, or am I going to have to master intricate button combos?

I find it pretty easy but then I have been playing the series for like fifteen years. This is actually the first one 2K have done, they only just picked up the franchise. If anything they've simplified it. No combos, it's mostly one button at a time and it flashes up on the screen to tell you which button to hit. The only bastard is the Reversal (counter) system. You have a split second to counter moves by pressing RB and it's hard as fuck to get right. Conversely the CPU players will counter all your moves and you'll be spitting out teeth pretty quickly because once you lose the momentum it's hard to regain it. Thankfully though you can adjust it and screw the CPU's counter ability right down to the point that they're pretty much standing still waiting for you to hit them.

I like putting people through the announce table. That's sort of my trademark.

This one is the best in years as it's actually challenging and the momentum shifts are really telling.  I only win about 60% of the time, against the computer.  I have the difficulty set to Legendary, with the CPU reversals toned down, as they reverse everything on Legendary if you don't.