aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

WWE 2K14. Love these games. They let you tinker with every little aspect of it and tailor it to however you want to play it. Such fun. I'm currently running a third show alongside Raw and Smackdown called Legends Of WWE with old guys on it like Virgil, Sgt Slaughter and Papa Shango, fighting for a belt I designed, in an arena I designed. It's the tits. I have my own group of wrestlers called The Disciples who are like a shit NWO and all dress in yellow and they come out to ring to The Final Countdown by Europe. I spend most of my game time creating stuff, like female wrestlers with giant boobs.

Captain America dealt me an educational whuppin' at Hearthstone today. Really wish I had an iPad to play it on instead of my laptop, cause it's fucking awesome to pick up and play.

In other news, I got really close to getting the 4096 tile in 2048. It was the worst.

Edited by Old Gold

I'm enjoying Hearthstone as well, it is definitely in its element on iPad, much more fluid experience.

I've heard this is dynamite, but after reading a couple of articles on it and watching a video I have no real clue what it's about, other than cards. It's not just Top Trumps with goblins, is it?

Educate me.

I've heard this is dynamite, but after reading a couple of articles on it and watching a video I have no real clue what it's about, other than cards. It's not just Top Trumps with goblins, is it?

Educate me.

Pretty much top trumps with goblins. There are a few bits and pieces extra, I think it's more like Magic:The Gathering in terms of play etc.

It's just a simple game that involves a ewe bit of strategy and can be as immersive or as throw away as you want.

It's like if Magic wasn't quite as convoluted and had a decent game interface and less confusing attack/block rules.

The game is quite deep though, making sure you keep board/card control is the key.  You'll find when you first start people just try and rush your HP down but eventually that wont work and you start having some real good games.

The only real mode is Arena.  Constructed is full of perfectly set up decks for one strategy (as I showed Old Gold), where is Arena is a draft so you have to think out your deck as you go.

It really is a perfect game for iPad as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah bad sales in comparison to PS4.  It's a huge gap though about 2.5 million consoles as of this time last month.  That's more than half of the total Xbox's that have sold.

Considering the previous gen practically sold the same in their lifespan it's a significant change in ownership %.

I'm not against the Xbox though, if they had more exclusive games I might still get one.

Finally got the platinum trophy on Skyrim. Should have probably gone for the 'Golden Touch' trophy before mucking about with the houses in Hearthfire though. 

I've gone back to Oblivion since I've never played any other Elder Scrolls game. Quit enjoying it so far. 

Still have The Last of Us to finish but I keep rage-quitting, so that'll probably take a while. I've also got Heavy Rain to play at some point too.

Started playing Gears of War: Judgement. Decided it's pish. Probably not going to bother finishing it. Which is ashame, cos I loved GOW1 and 2. 3 was a let down, and so far Judgement just seems like Horde mode with a vague story.

Is it really that bad?! :(

I was actually going to go and get it this weekend, the first 3 Gears games are amazing to play and the story was always so good.

I quite liked Judgement, it's nothing like the other 3 games though so not really comparable, completely different combat mechanics for starters. The story is ok and being able to toggle extra objectives makes scaling the difficulty pretty easy.

If you can pick it up for a few quid i'd say it would be worth a run through. It's not a patch on GOW 1 & 2 though.

That's the thing, Ive done so much GOW combat that more and more of it piled on top of some narrated storyline is really doing nothing for me.

I might keep playing it. I didnt buy it, as it's my flatmates, so that makes it less of a pisser. If you can borrow it, play it. I wouldnt want to spend money on it though.