aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

Back on Skyrim. Started again. Unarmoured swashbuckling Redguard character with crazy skills in one-handed, restoration and alteration. Level 11 at the moment and nobody can handle this lad on adept difficulty, might have to ramp it up a notch. Battle tactics are pretty straightforward: throw on a "flesh" spell, then put healing on one hand and my sword on the other. Circle hapless enemies while simultaneously healing and cutting them to pieces. He's faster than a greasy weasel.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Max Payne 3, picked it up for a tenner a while ago. Not a bad game but certainly not great, no complaints for a tenner though. Also gave Limbo a shot when it was on offer recently. Decent puzzle\platform type game but the lack of any narrative was a bit disappointing IMHO I think the game would have been even better with a story to follow.

Currently multiplayer games are Black Ops 2 and Daytona USA (bargain at 400 MS Points). Black Ops 2 has grown on me after a shaky start, finally settled on a couple of guns I like and the lag issues seem to have all but disappeared for me now.

Restarted Skyrim again. Last playthrough was a wood elf allied to the Stromcloaks, this time i'm a Breton and i'll go with the Imperials. Probably concentrate on One Handed and Magic, my Wood Elf was mainly Sneak and Archery sided with very little Magic. I was hoping they would have combined all the DLC into a pack for Christmas but unfortunately nothing so far.

There's a few deals on in the run up to Christmas so I've been splashing out. Picked up the new Hitman for £20 at game online, Saints Row 3 is £15 from amazon and Dead Rising is a £10. Looking to get the Walking Dead at some point but i'll probably wait until the package up all the episodes and sell them together, hopefully it'll work out cheaper.

What's everyone else thinking of buying for Christmas?

I'm playing Hidden and Dangerous again as it's quite possibly the hardest game ever. Punishing learning curve. I had a physical copy of it but it got lost when I moved but I found out that it's now freeware and can be legally downloaded for free. It's even been fixed so it runs of 64 bit windows. After 3 days of grafting I finished the first mission last night. What a fucking triumph. Never felt so good about completing a level before. It's mental because I first played H&D when I must of been about 13/14 and I definitely completed it back then. Can't say for sure if I used some cheeky cheats back then though!

Here's a download link for anyone who thinks they're hard enough.

http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/deluxe/download.php

I'm playing Hidden and Dangerous again as it's quite possibly the hardest game ever. Punishing learning curve. I had a physical copy of it but it got lost when I moved but I found out that it's now freeware and can be legally downloaded for free. It's even been fixed so it runs of 64 bit windows. After 3 days of grafting I finished the first mission last night. What a fucking triumph. Never felt so good about completing a level before. It's mental because I first played H&D when I must of been about 13/14 and I definitely completed it back then. Can't say for sure if I used some cheeky cheats back then though!

Here's a download link for anyone who thinks they're hard enough.

http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/deluxe/download.php

I have this for the PS1, I'm pretty sure! I could never work out what the hell to do.

I have this for the PS1, I'm pretty sure! I could never work out what the hell to do.

You need to do a fair bit of planning and strategic thinking. These day's with minimal thinking, fast paced shooting games like COD it's a welcome change of pace for me. You can totally geek out and pick every individual squad members kit. Insane amount of depth.

I find the new COD seriously disapointing, even Zombies is not quite as good as before, its almost too complicated now, doing simple things like upgrading is an absolute task and a half. I've all but given up on the multiplayer already, there is just no point if you get spawned from behind constantly. Back to Halo for me.

Have to agree with most of the points about HALO and COD. The Halo campaign is very good and multiplayer is good but spawn points seem a lot worse than previous Halo games.

Not touched the CoD campaign as well as it's pointless and not what I buy the game for. I totally agree on the spawns in TDM for CoD but I think their are game modes it's fine in but if you just play TDM you wont enjoy it. Saying that it's no worse than any previous CoD as they've always had awful broken spawns.

Search and destroy is brilliant still if you play that tactically as you would (actually defending and not running straight into the enemy) you can be top of your team no problem.

Playing the special ops on cod MW3 with the mrs. Getting annoyed everytime she decides to split off from our group and go on a rampage because she inevitably starts bleeding out which means I have to kill everyone in order to save her but then I die and I shout at her and the cats get scared then they poop in fear and i slip in the poop and hit my head then I end up in a&e then i miss work and i get fired then we end up skint and we starve and have to eat the cats then we are guilt ridden and we break up.

just kidding, when i save her I don't die.

• 2 weeks later...