aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

If the finding a decent game problem in BF3 is better than it used to be then I might consider getting back into it. Any xboxers fancy a game tonight?

It's definitely improved but you can't use quick match to get a game, have to look through the server list for ones listed as [DICE] CLASSIC MAPS or something along those lines. There seems to be some indie normal rules servers kicking about now as well.

Noticed you can now quit from the between match screen by pushing B. Such an obvious improvement, can't believe that wasn't in the game from the beginning.

Just completed Max Payne 3. It's really good, but I'm glad I didn't spend £40 on it. I mean, the story mode is ace, and I'll probably do it one more time with some kind of silly stipulation (for instance, only using pistols), but I hate the online mode. I'm just too bad a computer games for that shit, and you have to unlock everything which is just annoying.

FIFA '13 on Friday. Totally unwarranted excitement. I just hope Manager Mode is everything its cracked up to be.

I'm loving BF3 again. Seems like all the ridiculously good players have disappeared or are on servers running the additional map packs so the vanilla servers are playable again. Dice have put a few official ones online too making it easier to find ones running standard rules.

Armoured Kill should be out today as well which might have to be purchased. Bigger maps and more vehicles.

Bigger maps on the console version of Battlefield 3 sounds awful. Caspian border if you had 2 fellas up in Planes and 4 in choppers/tank that left 6 of you on the ground to capture 4 points. You could run around for 5 minutes without seeing a baddie. Bigger maps will only make that worse.

I bought it on xbox so this was really annoying. Smaller maps like Metro worked so much better.

Bigger maps on the console version of Battlefield 3 sounds awful. Caspian border if you had 2 fellas up in Planes and 4 in choppers/tank that left 6 of you on the ground to capture 4 points. You could run around for 5 minutes without seeing a baddie. Bigger maps will only make that worse.

I bought it on xbox so this was really annoying. Smaller maps like Metro worked so much better.

I agree to an extent but I also love fucking about in the tanks, choppers and planes so more of that is hopefully a good thing and we'll just need to see if they've taken into account the mixed experiences Caspian Border offered.

Having said that I've had some great fun on Caspian Border playing as an engineer with extra explosives. Also used support and snipers (C4 and SOFLAM respectively) to good effect as well.

Oh I'm not saying that everytime I was on Caspian was terrible it's just a little annoying being restricted to so few on a team on a massive map. 20 v 20 on xbox would have been amazing fun.

I still enjoyed LA Noire. The homicide storyline was fantastic. I replayed most of the game as well to get 5 stars in missions and get any missed story/dialogue. One of my favourite games that year actually.

To be honest I was a solid COD fan, bought BF3 second hand (annoyed at having to pay a further £9.99 to get an account) and never looked back.

It kicks COD straight out of the ball park.

Can literally play it for hours without boredom setting in.

It's so easy to kill on COD, this provides more of a challenge, especially using a sniper rifle. When you actually take someone down in one shot, it's really rewarding.

As for L.A. Noire, enjoying it a lot.

So many good games coming out though... new Assasin's Creed looks incredible, as does Aliens Colonial Marines and Resi 6.

Things to do while my bird works nightshift!

I jumped back into BF3 last night and really enjoyed it (apart from one game of Conquest on Caspian where I failed to get into a vehicle early and proceeded to see precisely zero opposition players once I'd capped our first point). I'd forgotten how much fun it is smashing my way through the Tehran Highway map in a fully occupied tank.

• Upvote 2

I finally finished Sleeping Dogs the other day, great game. Dunno if I can be arsed getting all the collectables/side missions though.

Resi 6 soon though, prepared for disappointment but hopefully it'll surprise me.

Have you played the resi 6 demo? I like the Leon and Jake missions, but Chris's one is a bit rubbish. Also, the melee attacks are a bit shit.