aberdeen-music

Well who's been ill over the festive period

JaseyBoi

It's a real relationship tester when you're asked to bring a bucket to the bathroom for a "both ends" emergency. We passed. It must be love.

On a similar note - my wife and I ate some dodgy food at T in the Park in 2007, and both ended up with double ended food poisoning.

That, in a two man tent, while only having been dating for 6 months is a true way of getting to know someone.

We abandoned the tent, and felt sorry for the poor guy who had to check our tent at the end of the festival.

Got tonsillitis. Brilliant. Possible 3 week recovery time, with my girlfriend moving to Denmark in four weeks. Brilliant. Also might miss my uni exams and work, which subseqently means no money. Fucking awesome.

Guest Giles Walker

I have been fine over the festive period, i thought i had hurt my back slightly, but it must have just been from sleeping funny as it was fine later on in the day.

Thanks for asking though!

On a similar note - my wife and I ate some dodgy food at T in the Park in 2007, and both ended up with double ended food poisoning.

That, in a two man tent, while only having been dating for 6 months is a true way of getting to know someone.

We abandoned the tent, and felt sorry for the poor guy who had to check our tent at the end of the festival.

You shat in the tent? :puke:

Not festive, but I think we've left that and went for being ill in a relationship.

One of my first nights out, underage, I was drunk and went back to my then girlfriend's flat. I then (according to her) sat in her bed and puked while she tried to wipe the sick from my belly button. It dripped down my chin and chest and made a wee puddle.

It's okay though, after a year or so later, she had grey sick in bed, so the score was settled.

One time I had food poisoning, I was sick as dog for a few days. My girlfriend at the time came round on the second day to make sure I was OK, she was sitting on my bed mopping my brow or whatever while I was lying there feeling sory for myself. I was wearing only a pair of baggy boxer shorts when I suddenly farted and rather explosively followed through. It was one of those "Don't fucking look at me!" moments while I waddled through to the bathroom with shit running down my legs.

• Upvote 1

My most memorable have been at school. Just as the class goes quiet, you let one rip against the plastic chairs and they sound glorious.

Back on topic, well, what the topic's became. I also had bad flu once and my ex wanted to make sure I was okay so I was made to stay for a few days in her student flat. I don't know if it postponed me getting better but I was feeling shite for a long while.

One of the best ways to avoid getting ill is washing your bedsheets. Stops you catching your own cold, innit.

This is probably why I got successive colds. Feels like one long one, but it's been one horrible one and then one that just won't go away.

My ears are all blocked up/sore, how do I bloody fix that?!

This is probably why I got successive colds. Feels like one long one, but it's been one horrible one and then one that just won't go away.

My ears are all blocked up/sore, how do I bloody fix that?!

get some Vicks Sinex, a couple of squirts up your nose does wonders, failing that, vicks vaporub on the soles of your feet is supposed to be good.

I would take the antibiotics. In Ireland antibiotics are like fucking currency. It costs £50 to see a GP so most Irish woman stockpile a huge stash of medication and just self medicate. You want antibiotics, diclofenac, diazepam, tramadol, codiene, chances are the woman next door will trade you some if you wash her windows.

Oh no way, man! You live in Ireland!?!?!?!

One of the best ways to avoid getting ill is washing your bedsheets. Stops you catching your own cold, innit.

I don't think you can catch your own cold. The body becomes immune to each cold virus once it's healed. Having a cold for more than a week at a time probably is successive colds but it will be slightly different variations on the cold virus each time. Best way to defend against it is to wash your hands and not to touch your face.