aberdeen-music

What CD's/Music DVD's you bought recently?

Mouse

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cowboy Dan
much thanks to the guys in one up for recommending the youthmovie soundtrack strategy (i know i talked to daveofficer there' date=' sorry i dont know what the other guy was called, except thet he plays for dedalus) it is a most excellent album

David[/quote']

"steve"

so, what are your views on the length of messages...? That'll do

Check oot the ex-rental stuff in Global Video (either King or Holburn street' date=' where you will served by either me or a Brutish Drummer), we beat Blockbuster hands down in terms of price....[/quote']

You can't work in both of them surely? :p

I might well pop into the Global on King Street tomorrow en route to being raped financially at uni as I got Sheryl Crow's 'Tuesday Night Music Club' for 3 in there ages ago :up:

Guest allsystemsfail
Yea man cuz when we buy a cd what we really want is a shitty box and a booklet :rolleyes:

Properly encoded high bitrate mp3's have no audible loss in quality.

There are no quality issues when you download dvd iso's which you burn straight to a dvd-r and are exactly the same as the commercial release' date=' sans packaging.

I'd be happy to have all my film/audio stored in a computer, dvd's and cd's take up too much space as it is, without a box and an inlay.[/quote']

I'm gonna talk about the scene to which I belong. The inclusion of a booklet or further literature is of extreme importance to DIY political punk releases - providing information to support the lyrics. Listings of activist contacts may be included too. It demonstrates also that the band has taken time and care over the release - not simply thrown it out with little thought.

much thanks to the guys in one up for recommending the youthmovie soundtrack strategy (i know i talked to daveofficer there' date=' sorry i dont know what the other guy was called, except thet he plays for dedalus) it is a most excellent album

David[/quote']

it is indeed an excellent album. the other chap is of course steven dedalus. my favourite track being number 2 title is something about stumbling into a room. love it.

i just bought most of my stash from one up as i left on saturday. that was expensive. included in which was the rather funky and ace birth by keith jarrett. and i was also given the jeff buckley legacy edition of grace as a leaving gift! woo! it has all the videos and a making of grace documentary as well as a song with shudder to think.

i also recently bought sunn o -white 2 and haven't managed to listen to it all the way through yet. love the ideas but it made me lose the hearing in my left ear and feel a bit sick. looks like their scotland bound later in the year btw. yowza! anyone know where i could get stuff by earth as well?

On LP

The Who - Who's Next

Niney the Observer - Sledgehammer Dub

Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Missiles

On CD

The Best of the Pogues

A German techno CD for a pound in One Up. Called 3 phase or 3 eye or something similar.

Fundamental - Sieze the time

An album associated with John Mac from Tortoise, that includes an Ornette Colemen cover. Canadian band, canna remember the name....

i just bought most of my stash from one up as i left on saturday. that was expensive. included in which was the rather funky and ace birth by keith jarrett. and i was also given the jeff buckley legacy edition of grace as a leaving gift! woo! it has all the videos and a making of grace documentary as well as a song with shudder to think.

i also recently bought sunn o -white 2 and haven't managed to listen to it all the way through yet. love the ideas but it made me lose the hearing in my left ear and feel a bit sick. looks like their scotland bound later in the year btw. yowza! anyone know where i could get stuff by earth as well?

How I shall miss Dave so...Good luck with the Photography laddie.

Raymond gave me Johnny Cash - Live at Folsom Prison when I left.

Shall venture and buy all the new releases this week that will sit in a pile after being played once to people that don`t appreciate new music.

[/cynic]

I also just about got the EL-P album "High Water" but decided against it since the last Cavern copy had a defect in it. Sounds an interesting album though... Sort of free jazz remixed lightly,

Dave

On LP

The Who - Who's Next

Niney the Observer - Sledgehammer Dub

Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Missiles

On CD

The Best of the Pogues

A German techno CD for a pound in One Up. Called 3 phase or 3 eye or something similar.

Fundamental - Sieze the time

An album associated with John Mac from Tortoise' date=' that includes an Ornette Colemen cover. Canadian band, canna remember the name....[/quote']

Boggy Depot is pretty good though I wouldn't say it's as good as anything AIC did. There are some really good tracks though. Have you heard Degredation Trip Volumes 1&2 Double CD? It's darker then Boggy Depot with out being overly heavy. A really great double album. I wouldn't bother with the single CD version as you'd be missing out on a lot.

Hang on, I didn't know there was a 2 disc edition! What do they give you on the second disc? Is it worth buying if I already have the single disc version. And yes, Boggy Depot didn't carry the heavy element of Alice in Chains whereas Degradation Trip did, in parts. He's a great musician though, I couldn't see him ever doing something bad, or even mediocre.

Oh, and to answer the thread, my last purchase was a Killing Joke vinyl last Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Recent purchases;

CD

The Futureheads

Aconite Thrill - Recliner

This Girl - Uno

Hell Is For Heroes - One Of Us

Games

Doom 3

Sonic Heroes

Future purchases;

CD