aberdeen-music

The Hangover Thread.

Paranoid Android

If I can be hungover the morning after two quiet beers on a Sunday night (for whatever God-forsaken reason), then I refuse to accept that anyone who gets 'drunk' semi-regularly has never been hungover.

I'm fairly lucky in that I rarely get hangovers. Provided I get to sleep in and wake up naturally rather than getting woken up early, I generally wake up feeling brand new, with nothing but a spot of heartburn. The only things that do give me hangovers generally are if I drink fuckloads of gin, or malt whisky. If I stick to beer and then a few nips later on I'm usually fine, though I absolutely can't drink any alcohol the next day. I'll nurse a pint for about two hours.

One of my mates get them seriously bad though. If he has more than a few pints he can barely move the next day, and it lasts for a couple of days. I feel really sorry for him.

I tried to order a pint when I was in Portugal several years ago and got told (adopts Portugese accent) - "We no do pint, we have small beer or turbo beer". It came in a tall litre glass, which was a bitch to drink from but quite possibly the best drink I've ever ordered. It was so good I didn't even bother questioning why they thought turbo was a size.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've no idea either. I watched a shite film, and then my memory after that is non-existent. Its reasonably likely that I told Brett 'The Hitman' Hart that his pink lycra is gay as fuck, then all of a sudden this is happening:

sharpshooter.jpg

There is actually no other explanation, so I'm chalking this up as definitely happening.

• Upvote 1

I was in the city centre yesterday guitar shopping and basking in the >20 degree sunshine, around 6pm got a phone call from a mate to go meet him at a pub near my house for "one pint in the sun". One pint became..... I can't even remember how many, and we were there until they kicked us out at closing time. I'm at work today and I wish I was dead.

I was in the city centre yesterday guitar shopping and basking in the >20 degree sunshine, around 6pm got a phone call from a mate to go meet him at a pub near my house "one pint in the sun". One pint became..... I can't even remember how many, and we were there until they kicked us out at closing time. I'm at work today and I wish I was dead.

They are the absolute best kind of pints.