aberdeen-music

The Hangover Thread.

Paranoid Android

This weekend is Mo-Fest, the Montrose music festival and while I'm living large and in charge down in Edinburgh, my friends and family back home are there. Got a text last night from my sis saying that my dad had just had to put my brother to bed cos he was such a shape. He's 30 and it was twenty past six.

Several of the AB3 crew were utterly newscasted when I ran into them!

My first hangover in months. Thank god for Nurofen!

On Thursday, I got the sleeper down to London after drinking lots of pints of cider. I drank more cider on the train before commencing on a bottle of red wine. I was awoken at 6.45 am where I walked about in the sun then went to see Slayer and Sleep ETC where I drank lots of cider, then went back to Scumfest in Brixton, drank half a bottle of red wine and fell asleep on some sofa cushions in someones hallway, woke up after 4 hours and wondered about in the sun before drinking heaps of cider and playing Scumfest day 2 then buying another bottle of wine and falling asleep on the same cushions in someones kitchen then waking up after 4 hours. Needless to say, walking about London getting buses to Luton airport in the backing fucking sun was not much fun.

I had a bit one on Friday night and became deleriously tired/hungover at my pals house on Saturday night after watching Eurovision (as is our tradition every year). I ended up crashing in his spare room at about half 11. Anyway, he came through to annoy me at about 2am as he was hammered and I must have been having some kind of night terrors; he woke me by speaking to me, about an inch from my face, in the pitch dark and I responded by screaming and beating the shit out of him. While still sleeping I right hooked him and then kicked him in the ribs, sending him flying over a desk and into a wall, knocking a lot of things over. When I woke up I was laying into him. It was the strangest fucking experience of my life, but I'm also very proud of myself for being totally mental. He wasn't even mad, just impressed.

• Upvote 8

Guest Bob Knob

Today was one of those occasions where I had to work with a gargantuan hangover, mainly due to drinking last night. The curry I had before I went to bed didn't help. Obviously I missed breakfast due to not getting up early enough. Luckily I had just enough time to get a coffee before getting to work.

Now, fuck knows what kind of curry I ate last night but when I guffed (lol) this morning, even I was aghast at the sheer thickness of the smell! It was like out-of-date onion chutney collided with a Tory burger van. Seriously, The Little Chef would be proud! Anyway, my colleagues were mortified. One of them even deleted me from Facebook.

/lad.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an absolute fucker of a hangover today. No special occasion, just a good 6 hour session in the queen Vic followed by all sorts of shenanigans that made sure I wasn't home before 5am. On the up side I managed to order a pizza to the Vic which was delightful. Papa Johns double pepperoni is the shiznit.

I drank a litre of Jim Beam's Black Cherry Red Stag last night. 40%. Seriously ungood. I genuinely wish I was dead. I also ate a ton of TexMex. My burps taste and smell like puke, cherry cola and guacamole. Horrid.

I don't remember very much past 11pm.

I need to not get wasted whilst watching Netflix. The rest of the internet is too close to my fingertips. It seems that from around 11pm onwards, I got myself banned from one of the Man United forums I post on for getting a bit aggressive and threatening as I got far too engaged in the despicable "Who should replace Patrice Evra next season?" thread. I don't think I've been more angry about anything in my life. Leighton Baines? Are you kidding me? I threatened to kick the utter fuck out of the mother of the lad who suggested Leighton fucking Baines. That might have been the catalyst of my banning.

Then I went on Amazon US and bought a Tribe Called Quest t shirt where the shipping costs more than the shirt. Best £30 I ever spent.

Everything hurts.

• Upvote 4