aberdeen-music

The Hangover Thread.

Paranoid Android

I have never had a hangover before, hopefully will never get one after reading about all this hell you guys go through! Maybe I just don't drink enough or just that I am young enough so that they haven't caught up with me yet as I am not that far into my forties. :)

You are early-forties and have never had a hangover? I call shenanigans.

• Upvote 1

I had a raging hangover on the 1st Jan not had one that bad for decades... I nearly spewed ... which I have not done (alcohol induced) for about 20 years. I drank some 20 year old champagne ( a bottle of it) I'm blaiming that... not the cocktails, beer, other champagne, more cocktails and a few wee whiskies .. it was deffo the old champers... I'm giving my liver a holiday ... for a period of time (unspecified) ...

My hangovers are inconsistent. I drank a metric fuckload on New Years and felt amazing in the morning. Then some nights I can drink just the one bottle of wine and feel like arse in the morning. Drinking a few pints of water through the night certainly lessens the hangover. As does taking 3 Paracetamol before I go to sleep.

I've been noticing a lot recently how my diet at the time has a big effect. During the holidays I was basically eating junk food all the time and had some horror hangovers. After getting back to eating properly with enough fruit and veg, getting the right nutrients etc I felt much fresher this weekend after a couple of nights out.

Similarly if i can barely move some days because of hangovers, i refuse to hear someone complain about their hangovers when they seem to be functioning and feeling fine. Even my minor ones seem to be pretty bad compared to the normal ones my mates go through. Having said that my hangovers have always been really bad compared to most folk i know. At age 20 i reckon i have only another year or two before they get so bad i'll stop drinking altogether.

Maybe you're just well soft?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I had a pint last night called a superpint. It wasn't super it might not even have been a pint. However we then realised that you could buy 1.5l jugs for very little more. Not the quiet Friday I had planned.