aberdeen-music

Films for lazy hungover Sundays.

Paranoid Android

I've spent the whole day in bed and just finally mustered the energy to nip down to the shop and buy some junk food, now I need a film to watch. I want to watch something I've not seen before but wont test my brain too much. For some reason the few I have downloaded that I've not seen are all foreign with subtitles, certainly not what I'm after right now.

I will choose one film from any responses I get in the next half an hour.

Riding Giants was good. Very interesting watch. It perhaps doesn't exactly fit the sunday/hangover criteria but it wasn't unsuitable.

Glad you liked it.

I totally think it's the ultimate hangover/illness film though. Draws you in, captivating and soothing in perfect measures. It was the only thing I could tolerate when I had some seriously shit flu a few years ago.

• Upvote 1

Seconded. I tend to watch TV over films when I feel a little pukey. Usually TV shows I have no interest in, like all the guff PickTV shows on a sunday. Australian Border Patrol is ace. They are so mental down there. This one guy had a sandwich in his hand luggage, and they confiscated it, and lectured him as if it was a bomb, or some sort of cannister full of a deadly contageous virus. It was a cheese sandwich. They threatened to fine him like $800AUD but they let him off in the end. Another time some Japanese boy got sent home because when questioned "Why have you come to Australia?" he couldn't answer, because he didn't speak English. That must mean is there to work illegally and take a giant shit on their economy by sending all his earnings home, to a family of terrorists, or something.

Brilliant hangover viewing, if you like being angry when you're hungover. I do. Folk say carbs and water are the best remedy. Nah. It's rage!

• Upvote 1

I think TV is right for the early phases of a hangover day. However come that time later on at night when I start feeling a bit odd about not having left the house or maybe even spoken to anyone since i got up and although it may be late I wont be going to sleep because I still only woke up 6 hours ago, then a film seems to fit the bill.

Fwiw I had already watched 3 or 4 episodes of The Shield that day before I wanted a film.