aberdeen-music

Hurricane Bawbag

Sam 45

Guest Gladstone
I was on a plane back from London yesterday. Landed about 4pm. That was scary as fuck.

I saw a plane coming in at about 20 past and the wings were fair going!

Scary as it was, it landed - which shows the weather couldn't have been that bad.

Yeah - the wind was bad and people lost fences and shit like that, but the amount of folk on facebook last night being fucking drama queens was ridiculous. Back before we had shit like facebook, someone's fence would have got blown down, they would have probably swore a fair bit and been pissed off, but they would have got on with their lives without the need to fish for sympathy from the entire world. One of my wife's facebook friends was on talking about the disaster of her roof coming down on her steading and describing the scene like it was something out of a movie because they had to get their horses out with bits of roof falling about their heads and get them into their new shed, which GOD FORBID wasn't designed for horses. Now, I can appreciate that is pretty serious because horses could have been hurt and losing a roof is a fucking nightmare, but if you've got time to keep the world updated on fucking facebook, it can't be that bad. And then you get about 20 comments below saying "hope you're okay hun x" Fuck off - of course she's okay or she wouldn't be posting on facebook. And it can't be that bad if her fucking internet connection is still on!!

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone
Oh, completely agree, it's not that windy, but still windy enough to blow down billboards and christmas lights. So that's worth a mention, right?

Yes - it was really windy, and worth a mention - but trending on twitter, and all that shit I just ranted about.

It was like this with the snow the past couple of years. Instead of just getting on with it, everyone spends their time moaning about it on facebook/twitter etc. and saying how fucking traumatic it all is. We live in Scotland - the weather is almost always shit.

My girlfriend is always worried about her mother's safety and I was joking in the office that she' be all like "oh, I hope my Ma's ok! We should go and pick her up and take her to ours. Oh the wind!". Everyone found my mockery funny. Three minutes later I got a phone call "Mum's just been hit by a flying sandwich board and can't go into her work". I felt bad but I also laughed.

My girlfriend is always worried about her mother's safety and I was joking in the office that she' be all like "oh, I hope my Ma's ok! We should go and pick her up and take her to ours. Oh the wind!". Everyone found my mockery funny. Three minutes later I got a phone call "Mum's just been hit by a flying sandwich board and can't go into her work". I felt bad but I also laughed.

That is a pretty funny scenario, hope she sok obvioulsy but i'd like to see that on You've Been Framed!

That's almost as good as Christmas getting physically dismantled.

At 5am i had to creep ootside and retrieve my daughters trampoline that had flew over to the next door neibhours garden ripping a washing line pole from the ground (complete with concrete base) and wedging it into her fence.......My missus phoned me at work this mornign to say the next door neibhour had been complaining about 3 headless pigeons but still no word on trampoline damage...........

the wind musta been whoooorin strong like...I mean to rip the heads of of pigeons must take some effort.