aberdeen-music

Hurricane Bawbag

Sam 45

It's seriously fucking mental in Edinburgh.

King's Buildings (multi-levelled science research buildings belonging to the university) were closed earlier this afternoon, and the bamboo decorations I have bordering my balcony overlooking Arthur's Seat are just decimated. I liked those bamboo decorations. Fuck you, wind. Fuck you very much.

Guest Gladstone

My wheelie bin is safe and well in my shed. Fuck - was just about to say wind like this isn't unusual at my house - we seem to live in a really really windy place. Just because it's so wide open - but the lights just dipped. Fuck that. Powercuts are so 20th century.

EDIT: And Phil - bamboo decorations? Get to fuck out of my life. Forever.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

What a bunch of pussies we're all turning into. My lights went out a few times, but this sort of thing used to happen all the time when I was a kid. You just got the candles out and got on with it. No big deal. There were a few branches on the road when I was driving home and I had to swerve about 30 cm to avoid a wheelie bin that was half on the road. I've driven in far far worse conditions before. It just seems that because the central belt get hit with some bad weather it makes the national news. I went out to my shed last night to check that the boiler was still on and it's definitely been at least as windy as that if not worse about 20 times since I've lived here (that's about 2 and a half years).

It's a bit of wind. Get over it.

What a bunch of pussies we're all turning into. My lights went out a few times, but this sort of thing used to happen all the time when I was a kid. You just got the candles out and got on with it. No big deal. There were a few branches on the road when I was driving home and I had to swerve about 30 cm to avoid a wheelie bin that was half on the road. I've driven in far far worse conditions before. It just seems that because the central belt get hit with some bad weather it makes the national news. I went out to my shed last night to check that the boiler was still on and it's definitely been at least as windy as that if not worse about 20 times since I've lived here (that's about 2 and a half years).

It's a bit of wind. Get over it.

Oh, completely agree, it's not that windy, but still windy enough to blow down billboards and christmas lights. So that's worth a mention, right?