aberdeen-music

Opinions on Acoustic/Folk project

K3zi4

I've been a member of this website and been browsing for quite a while however this will be my first post! Anyway, Myself and a friend of mine are currently working on a project we have in a kind of acoustic/folky/punky sound.

I'd really appreciate opinions, advice or even criticisms from other musicians in the Aberdeen area and where we should go from here. The current plan is to hopefully put together a full band in the near future where we can play the songs we have a bit more upbeat. Our music can be found here;

http://soundcloud.com/adam-and-jonny

Please give it a listen!

For the most part this is good. Nice guitar work, pleasant sound overall. Although you both seem able to sing on your own the two vocals at the same time aren't working. It sounds like you're attempting harmonies, which you sometimes achieve, but then you drift into unison and start to put each other out of tune and it falls apart a bit. With the style you're playing you can afford to be a little looser in terms of your vocal timing but you still need to get it a fair bit tighter than it is now.

Thanks very much and yeah, the main focus we have right now is sorting out the vocals as my attempts at harmonizing can drift off a bit! Thanks for the feedback :)

*And thanks to whoever moved this to feedback, for some reason I totally glanced over it when looking where to put this thread