aberdeen-music

Editing Posts

Eupraxia

I'm finding that the period between posting and the edit cut-off time is far too brisk. As fastidious as I try to be, some grammatical errors and typos still rear their ugly heads, and since the new interface was implemented, I've noticed there is only a period of about three minutes before editing one's post becomes impossible.

Any chance this could be extended to ten or fifteen minutes? Or am I the only one with this pesky problem? Maybe I'm just an idiot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

I think it used to be an hour - don't think that's necessary though.

I don't really care about the time to be honest - if I notice when I first reply like Scootray says above, I'll edit my post. If I notice when I'm looking back later, chances are it would be more than an hour later anyway.

Why do you need an hour? Surely if you make a mistake, you see it, go "oh shit", then change it?

You see your post as soon as you press Post Reply?

I don't need it all the time but sometimes i will post a reply as i want to get it in quickly (steady on Jake) and then i will go off to find a certian article/quote to put in the post. It won't kill me if i can't have the function just my two pence.

At least there is an edit on here. Some forums purposely disable them so you can't go back and "alter your original opinion" or something equally dictatorship-like as that. So if you make a gaff, you have to quote your own post, highlight the mistake and correct it, and generally look like a bit of a chump.

It's all a bit daft, since there's rarely any ground breakingly serious discussion on a forum where an original opinion would have to be completely set in stone for all of time.

I'm speaking specifically of Punktastic by the way, if anyone uses that board. What a fucking hole. Run by knobheads, and populated by middle class, right wing botters.

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress with this, moderators? I'm agreeing that 30 minutes might be a decent length of time, as sometimes people post then return to previous tasks/websites, only revisiting the thread substantially longer than 5 or 10 minutes later, and noticing errors in their post. It'd just be nice to have the ability to correct these. I'm sure we all like to read well constructed and presented posts.

G'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan.

Would you like a cup of tea there, Father?

Any progress with this, moderators? I'm agreeing that 30 minutes might be a decent length of time, as sometimes people post then return to previous tasks/websites, only revisiting the thread substantially longer than 5 or 10 minutes later, and noticing errors in their post. It'd just be nice to have the ability to correct these. I'm sure we all like to read well constructed and presented posts.

G'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan.

Would you like a cup of tea there, Father?

It's something only Neil can change I think. It'll be on a to do list somewhere but you might have to be patient.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.