aberdeen-music

new Aberdeen fanzine launched tonight!

kirkt

Yep Sharpshooter is out tonight (19/8 ) at Dr Drakes, for 2.50 you'll get to see performances from King Liar & The Brutes and State of Affairs plus a copy of the zine...24 pages of music interviews, reviews, stories, rants and opinions...come along and support the underground! your local scene, and this new zine (im a poet and i didnt know it)

Kirk knows what he's doing

This is an important event and deserves to be supported.

It is also the last King Liar and the Brutes gig for the forseeable future. #1 Grand Prix Racing Circuit World Champion #1 has decided to take to the road again for the first time since the pile-up tragedy that led to the formation of the band in the first place. I salute his courage and applaud his vehicle.

This means that the 5 Peers will be separated, and Europe's Final Band will be frozen in time until Aberdeen's Ghost Rider returns.

To commemorate this event, tonight we will play every song that time will allow and film every face we see.

Go, #1! Go, go, go!

Guest allsystemsfail
Me too. I think that people like Kirk are the most important people in the Aberdeen music scene and I wish more people had come along just to show their support.

Sure, even if people didn't dig the bands, coming along and showing their support for Kirk's zine would have been cool.

yes, it was free for one night only! I've shifted bout 60 copies already...all the venues have been real supportive...Drakes and Moorings are now selling it behind the bar and Paul Stewart let me harass people to buy them at kef and even sell them on the merch table

sharpshooter and fudge. hmm...dint tom from 10 easy wishes do one? well i never seen any others

i guess the forthcoming (yeah we've been saying that for a while' date=' but i mean it this time..) webzine [url']www.eatingpaper.com is technically an 'aberdeen' zine, though I doubt we'll be covering many local bands, if any.

does fudge cover local bands? i just do stuff i like whether it be local or not. not a fan of webzines. cant read em on the toilet or before i go to bed. no offence meant' date=' just i have my preferences[/quote']

fudge cover local bands, they have an annual awards thing for local bands and everyfink.

i guess you could print articles off from the webzine, which means lost cost for the zine makers, and a greater ease for the reader.

You bought it?

I got mine for free at the gig.

Fools.

All Fools.

You're the fool lass! I demand that you be brought to justice for denying Kirk his 50p! That's a sizeable mixup that is! :p

Also a very important matter has come to my attention - did you get an elastic band with your zine? If not how was it held together? Hmmmm?

fudge cover local bands' date=' they have an annual awards thing for local bands and everyfink.

i guess you could print articles off from the webzine, which means lost cost for the zine makers, and a greater ease for the reader.[/quote']

oh yes, so they do...i forgot bout all the cds etc. everyone to their own really, just webzines never really interest me.

You're the fool lass! I demand that you be brought to justice for denying Kirk his 50p! That's a sizeable mixup that is! :p

Also a very important matter has come to my attention - did you get an elastic band with your zine? If not how was it held together? Hmmmm?

i only had about 10 elastic bands. I hope you feel priveliged :)