aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

I've been toying with starting an Everton game, i did say to myself i was going to start one save and play it until the next version came out, but my dons game has become boring now, im by far the best club side in the world now and despite my editing the rest just cant keep up. Everton seem to have no money, make no money, and lose a lot of money, so it could be a very interesting challenge.

Whilst on holiday last week I went back to my Cambridge save. First season was pipped to the title by those thieving scouse gits from Liverpool who also for good measure dumped me out the champions league in the 2nd knockout round. It was little consolation I beat them in the league right near the end of the season. Mind you won the league cup, FA Cup and community shield.

Next season bought a few tasty players and sitting 2nd in the league behind Man City, out the league cup on pens to Championship side Sheffield United and have qualified from my champions league group with a game to spare. Had a particularly impressive result away at Valencia where I gubbed them 5-1!

Hi there. I'm about to do a "restore to factory" settings on my laptop, and could use some advice. I want to keep my fm2012 game going, and I know how to transfer the current save. What I don't knnow is how to transfer the custom database I used for that save, or where it is located. I need to know this in order to have my old game work after I restore my laptop. Any advice? Where about can I find the database I need? Im using vista if that helps.

Any help is appreciated : )

Hi there. I'm about to do a "restore to factory" settings on my laptop, and could use some advice. I want to keep my fm2012 game going, and I know how to transfer the current save. What I don't knnow is how to transfer the custom database I used for that save, or where it is located. I need to know this in order to have my old game work after I restore my laptop. Any advice? Where about can I find the database I need? Im using vista if that helps.

The easiest way I would suggest is simply to move your entire Sports Interactive folder (should simply be the "Sports Interactive" folder in your Documents, I'm not entirely sure of the filepath since I'm using a Mac) onto a pen drive or a portable hard drive, then putting it back where you took it from when you started. As far as I'm aware, custom databases are stored as .xml and .bak files in the "editor data" folder of your Football Manager 2012 folder within Sports Interactive, so moving the entire folder will save you having to fish them out.

I would, of course, back up your computer's hard drive completely before you restore.

;)

EDIT: Here's a screenshot to help you work out what I'm trying to say (this is from a Mac, of course, but it should be the same kind of idea on a PC):

SS%202012-05-03%20at%2021.43.21.png

You wont need to move your database in order to carry on your save, the database is only used to set up the game, from the second you hit continue the database has changed from when set up and its saved in game. You will only need that database again if you want to start another save using it. Your save will never need to reference that database again. What is important is making sure your running the save on the same version of the game, but as long as your running the game legally steam will make sure of this when you re-install the game.

What you need to make sure is you have moved your save, AND your hall of fame data, otherwise that will re-set, best bet is to just copy your footballmanager2012 folder onto something and put it back in its place after the install.

WTF Rory! You play FM, I can't believe we have never discussed this!

• Upvote 1

Cheers for the help guys, got it up and running. Milner, you were right about the database files.

WTF Rory! You play FM, I can't believe we have never discussed this!

Is this Steve? Haven't posted on here in a long, long time so I don't recognise your username... If so, I think we have drunkenly discussed this before : )

Cheers for the help guys, got it up and running. Milner, you were right about the database files.

Is this Steve? Haven't posted on here in a long, long time so I don't recognise your username... If so, I think we have drunkenly discussed this before : )

I do not remember this. Oh well be prepared to discuss hidden gems.

Season 1 in the German Second Division over, and somehow this happened:

league-1.jpg

I made it into the playoff, 3rd place plays 16th in the Bundeliga which was Kaiserslautern. I lost 2-1 at their place but then shit their faces off with a famous 3-1 victory at ours. Get the fuck out of my Bundesliga. It was actually a tough league to finish high up in. The teams ahead just kept winning and winning and the lot behind me were snapping at my heels for the whole season until I beat both Duisburg and Cottbus right at the death. I was winning a lot but just couldn't get near Rostock and Mainz.

I've got a team full of free-transfer cloggers and guys in their 30s, my first XI are pretty decent but all my squad players are hopeless, thankfully I managed to keep most of my first XI fit all season and punched massively above my weight, was expected to finish bottom 5. I played dreadful stuff all season, defensive as hell. Look at that goals for/against column! I know I am going to get absolutely fucked in the Bundesliga, of my handful of star performers from last season, 2 are crying that they want a transfer, one has already agreed a transfer, two were on loan and have gone back to their clubs, one is homesick and one is now 34! It's gonna be a looong season. I'm basically going to build a whole new team around this guy:

etx.jpg

I actually signed him as a 16 year old at Arsenal, when I quit the club 5 years later, he was 21 and had made a grand total of 1 appearance for the first team. He was nowhere near good enough for the first team but I kept giving him new contracts just in case I had a massive striker shortage. I'd even sent him on loan to Aberdeen for half a season where he failed to make a single appearance. After I left Arsenal my succesor wasted no time in sticking him on the transfer list for 1.1 million. This was steep for a player who'd played one game for Arsenal and a handful on loan at Middlesborough, as I only had a 1.5m transfer budget but I had a feeling about this kid so I took a chance on him. He was absolutely dreadful in his first few games, 0 goals in 8 games, but my squad was so thin I had no choice but to keep playing him. After he scored his first goal he just went fucking nuts, started smashing them in from all over the park. He got Division 2 Player Of The Year and he's got some big teams sniffing around him, but he's staying. Plus I'm one of his favoured personnel, he wouldn't abandon his mentor. I'm hoping that now i'm in the Bundesliga a few of my old players from Arsenal might be persuaded to jump ship. None of them would even fucking return my calls when I was in Division 2, even to come in on loan. Fucking disloyal cunts.

I've been offered jobs at Chelsea, Real Madrid, Everton, AC Milan, Athletic and a host of other jobs and turned them down to stay with these lame fucks. I have made this into my club. I have informed the entire coaching staff, ground staff, office staff, tea ladies etc. that they should all refer to me now simply as "The Messiah". Anyone who fails to do so will be fired instantly. I have also made it a rule that from now on I will only be seen in public wearing pure white training gear (or a pure white suit at cup finals). I am also growing my hair long and growing a beard. It's also in my contract that the stadium is to be named after me, and all four stands too. Plus I want a fucking statue.

• Upvote 2

A two horse race now between Man City and Cambridge, I've started signing famous names as backroom staff - got Rooney and Lampard as youth coaches, also David Villa is a coach. Just made a serious slip up though lost to a 95th min goal at Aston Villa and City beat Blackburn to go four points clear - my first defeat in 18 games in all competitions - had to happen eventually. 10 games to go and still to play City at home where I have been unbeaten all season. Gubbed Roma 2-0 away in 1st Knockout round of champions league - should have won by more and put the tie completely to bed.

Noticed in the information screen I am now a club legend but I want more. Like Lucky I feel I deserve a statue and at least getting the stadium named after me! Ungrateful bastards!

So far so good:-

2exbpud.png

Vernon has 10 in 10, Magennis 9 in 10 and Ferne Snoyl is a genius: six assists and one goal for him so far this season. Love that guy.

Just cuffed Motherwell 5-0, two from Fyvie and a Vernon hat-trick. We had 58% possession and 33 shots to their 3. 4-4-2 is going brilliantly so far: we've conceded just once in the last five games, scoring 16 in the process. Functional, defensively sound and surprisingly exciting going forward. Got dominated 4-1 by Hearts earlier in the season but it's been full-on badassery since then. I'm pretty sure Mr. Milne will see this post and give me Craig Brown's job in the next hour or so.

So far so good:-

2exbpud.png

Vernon has 10 in 10, Magennis 9 in 10 and Ferne Snoyl is a genius: six assists and one goal for him so far this season. Love that guy.

Just cuffed Motherwell 5-0, two from Fyvie and a Vernon hat-trick. We had 58% possession and 33 shots to their 3. 4-4-2 is going brilliantly so far: we've conceded just once in the last five games, scoring 16 in the process. Functional, defensively sound and surprisingly exciting going forward. Got dominated 4-1 by Hearts earlier in the season but it's been full-on badassery since then. I'm pretty sure Mr. Milne will see this post and give me Craig Brown's job in the next hour or so.

Well, it's been half an hour... any word?

An exciting season drawing to a conclusion. Beat Man City at home to sneak a point ahead of them with 6 games to go but then followed up that tremendous win with a defeat at Liverpool who have snuck back into the title race as a result. Meanwhile in Champs League fucked Bayern 5-0 at home 1st leg, stuck out the fringe and reserves for second leg and lost 4-2. My opponents in the quarters? Those fucking scousers who robbed me of the league title and dumped me out champions league last season. Ooh I do hope I get revenge! Semi final of the FA Cup against relegation strugglers Cardiff. Life is good at the Cambridge Stadium!

So Man City manager Ronald Koeman says in his press conference before their match against Arsenal that I could really struggle against West Ham.... thank you Mr Koeman, City lose to Arsenal and I win 6-1 with one of the best performances of the season! Four points clear five games to go!

lovely on a lazy Sunday to get back from the pub open a bottle of red and finish the season, Cardiff disposed off in FA Cup semi to line up a final against Man City, Liverpool disposed off 2-0 in first leg of champs league semi final though still gonna be a tall order going to the Dalglish (ha ha ha) Arena and getting through, relegation haunted Wolves just disposed off 5-0 at Molineux, 6 points clear 4 games to go!

RIGHT THEN.

Portsmouth, famous for this prick, are in the shit. A tiny squad, a wage budget deficit of almost 100 grand and Tal Ben Haim make Pompey favourites for relegation in 2011-12, and starting on -10 points certainly isn't going to help matters either. What was left of the fans' ambition was evaporated when new boss Michael Appleton was sensationally sacked just hours after being appointed, until the rumours began...

"BIG BASTARD spotted at Fratton Park!"

"Pompey administrators meet Bastard for £2.99 in local Wetherspoons!"

"Ex-Wehen boss set to ink 5-year plan!"

A fever overcame Portsmouth - the Big Bastard fever. Those who'd heard of his exploits foamed at the mouth, and those who hadn't felt their eyes widen with every passing whisper. "I heard he's taking Marco Christ with him!" "Apparently he's turned down Barca!" "I heard he hunts bears armed with just a pencil sharpner and a packet of pork scratchings. That's the kind of man I want managing my football club."

The scene was set. On Tuesday July 5th, 2011, Portsmouth's administrators held a press conference. "Ladies and Gentlemen," began Wally Balls, chief admin boy, "it was with great pleasure that I unveil Portsmouth Football Club's NEW MANAGER... Foosty Gambino!"

Jaws dropped. This wasn't what they were expecting. Nonetheless I swaggered out onto the stage like a chihuahua with a ten inch penis, swigging from a bottle of Blue Nun and puffing on a Café Créme cigar. "Aw'right caaahnts?!" I growled as I sat down, and that's when the crowd turned. Confusion turned to anger, hushed whispers to boos, and soon Wally was on his feet. "Calm down, everyb--" he said as a priceless ming vase flew past his head and smashed into a thousand pieces behind him.

"WE WANT BASTARD! WE WANT BASTARD!"

No sooner had I sat down than I was being ushered from the room like the accused in a murder trial. Not the kind of start I had in mind.

Mr. Balls called me into his office the following morning. "Terribly sorry about that, Foosty," he said, "I think they were expecting something else."

"Ungrateful cunts," I blurted. "I'll show them. I'm Foosty fucking Gambino, fuck Big Bastard, Marco Christ... all those other cunts. I'll show them good and proper." I paused for a few moments - Jake, my Tamagotchi, gets awfully ornery at this time of morning. STOP BEEPING EVERY FIVE FUCKING MINUTES YOU DIGITAL PRICK. "You ain't paying me £90 a week for nothing, you know. I'll push everyone's shit in."

"Well good, because you're not signing any cunt."

"Huh?"

"We're £100k over-budget in wages and I can't afford to give you a transfer budget. Oh, and there's a transfer embargo... THAT I'M NEVER GOING TO LIFT. lol."

Fuck, I say to myself, this is going to be a right ballache.

A quick look at my squad and I decide it's time to start trimming the fat. We're never going to get anywhere paying some of these wasters five-figure wages. I call Tal Ben-Haim into my office. "Look mate, this 'professional football' thing hasn't really worked out for you, has it? I'm not going to pay you £30k a week to get turned by Nicky Maynard and Marcus Tudgay for next two years. Get out of here, you're fucked." Boom, in sweep Bristol City to take the clogger off my hands for a cool £300k.

We don't need two half-decent 'keepers and both Jamie Ashdown and Stephen Henderson are earning good money here. Henderson is the better of the two (and has 19 for kicking... HOOF), so I call Ashdown through and give him the bad news. "Sorry Jamie, you've been pretty loyal and all, but you're fucked." Off he trots to West Brom, who give me £425k for his services.

Looking at the rest of the team, we have no natrual full-backs, two natural central midfielders (one who has 10 for passing) and a bunch of slow, tall bastards up front. I have to get rid of at least one of them, so I page Kanu and tell him to bring his arse upstairs. 30 minutes later he shambles in on his zimmer frame, trembling in the shadow of dementia. "Kanu, you're the king, but you're 52 now and I don't like your shitty little head. You're fucked."

I didn't expect a grown man to break down in tears over my desk, but that's exactly what Kanu did. I would've comforted him, but Foosty Gambino just isn't that kinda guy, so I called security and got the old man carted the fuck out of there. "WHY FOOSTY?! WHHHHYYYYYY?!" he wailed as he was carted down the stairs like an unruly mental patient. It's a moment that'll haunt me for the rest of my days.

The squad clear-out left me with a grand total of 14 players and no chance of bringing anyone in. I tried to ink semi-promising free agent forward Javlon Campbell to a lucrative £55 p/w contract, but the deal was canned by Wally Balls and his team of corporate knob-munchers. Furthermore, I tried to get rid of Aaron Mokoena and his hideous £28k contract, but nobody would take the fucker. Fantastic.

Balls called me into his office moments before our first pre-season friendly and informed me that the club's debt had been restructured and the bank balance was back to a healthy £0. Obviously buoyed by this fantastic news my boys romped to a scintillating 5-1 loss to Hibs with only beanpole striker Marko Futacs escaping with any dignity. It's gonna be a long fucking season.

• Upvote 6