aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

I built a really tasty squad with Bradford, all from free transfers and from the Glenn Hoddle Academy, when I played my first match 8 players were making their debut. And I don't mean for Bradford, I mean making their debut full stop. Got off to an absolute flyer, kicked the shit out of a bunch of teams and knocked Oldham out of the league cup away from home 4-2. Then I minimized it while I tried to stream The Big Bang Theory online, while trawling through dodgy streaming sites I opened a page I apparently shouldn't have as my computer started making a weird buzzing noise then I got a BSOD from Windows saying it was shutting itself down for it's own safety. And I hadn't saved my game. :down:

I built a really tasty squad with Bradford, all from free transfers and from the Glenn Hoddle Academy, when I played my first match 8 players were making their debut. And I don't mean for Bradford, I mean making their debut full stop. Got off to an absolute flyer, kicked the shit out of a bunch of teams and knocked Oldham out of the league cup away from home 4-2. Then I minimized it while I tried to stream The Big Bang Theory online, while trawling through dodgy streaming sites I opened a page I apparently shouldn't have as my computer started making a weird buzzing noise then I got a BSOD from Windows saying it was shutting itself down for it's own safety. And I hadn't saved my game. :down:

a) that's yout own fault for not saving

b) that's your own fault for streaming The Big Bang Theory.

Just finished my first season in the EPL, finishing a respectable 12th.

Aston Villa took the title but they had a lead of about 9 points at one stage and only finished 2 ahead of Man City.

Man Utd and Newcastle took the other Champs league places, Chelsea, Arsenal and QPR take the Europa league places.

My favourite part is the other end. Derby were the meat in a relegation sandwich, with both the Thieving Scouse Gits as the bread.

Despite my bogey teams being absolute mince all season, I only took 4 points out of twelve. I also got knocked out of the FA cup by TSG#2.

Finances are great. Despite spending £18M in the transfer market I've still got £26M in the bank. I hope they're commissioning someone to design my statue with all that extra loot.

nice solid start to the new season five wins and a draw from first six games, as for champions league got drawn against juventus, man city and anderlecht. decent start drawing away at anderlecht first game but was just outclassed at home by juve, the 2-1 score was most flattering for me they had 30 shots to my 6. now about to play Porto at home....

Playing sexy football with Stoke. Tony Pulis has been "taken care of", and in comes the era of Euan. Martin Keown is my assistant manager to help shore up the defence and go mental at the players when they're shit and I haven't the energy to look at them. Playing a modified 4-2-3-1, with Crouch at the tip. Very fluid, attacking, expressive stuff.

Out you go, Woodgate, Whitehead, Fuller and fucking loads of others. Higginbotham? More like... more like fuck off, Higginbotham.

In you come Hoillett, Vertonghen, Affellay (January), Kranjcar, McFadden, Forrest, Veloso, Isla, Dempsey and others (all super cheap, inexplicably, and made loads of money selling players).

Started a bit dodgy. The pre-season friendlies went really well, tanked some Argentinian teams, but the first 5, 6 games were bizarre; winning 4-0 one week, losing 3-0 the next. Then the players adjusted to the set-up after years of ugly, wank football, and the goals kept coming. Each of my front four (Dempsey, Kranjcar, Hoillett, Crouch) had 10+ goals by January. Currently 6th in the league, with the quarter finals of the Europa League coming up having beaten Udinese home (7-0) and away (2-1). The other managers and the press love my silks, apart from Harry Redknapp (before a Spurs match where I beat them 4-0, had 25 attempts on goal, 76% of possession and didn't let them get a shot away the whole game) but he's a cunt anyway.

So far, fackin' beautiful. Apart from a 7-0 drubbing from Man City, that is. The Manchester teams are knocking, on average, 6+ goals a game past every team in the league, it's mental.

• Upvote 1

Guh, managing Ross County at the moment, should really be top of the league but am laying in 7th thanks to not being able to keep a lead. Driving me up the wall.

I've just gone with "counter" rather than "attacking" as soon as I go in front, but twenty minutes later, inevitably we concede and draw the game. Fucking boring football. Would make this longer but nobody cares and it's 2.22am.

End of 3rd season at Wehen Weisbaden. Debut season in the Bundesliga, stumbled to a 7th place finish. I was up in 4th, but then I couldn't win for love nor money for my last 9 games. I was unbeaten until the last game before the winter break. I'll do a full update later or tomorrow, with pictures and whatnot.

fucking yes at last been head hunted... by none other than Bayern Munich, 63 million to spend in the transfer window which opens in a month, still in champs league as well but 6th in the league 9 points behind leaders Schalke. Looking forward to the challenge!

It's kind of the opposite of Murrr's Operation Barcastoke.

I'm tearing it up since moving to Manyoo. I've won the league with 4 games to go, won the League Cup, European Super Cup and in the final of the Champions League. Got beaten by Mexican team America in the club world cup though. An my old club Blackburn beat me in the FA semi final. Ivica Olic, the man I tried so hard to sign, put 3 past me. It finished 2-2 in normal time, I was 3-2 up at half time extra time, and they won the game 3-4. Pretty magical stuff. IT WAS WRITTEN IN THE STARS. My lads were too tired from all the competitions they'd been involved in, and I said "Unlucky boys" at the end instead of my normal blow drier treatment. They liked that. I might resign after my first season if I win the Champions League though, find a new challenge abroad or something.

• Upvote 1

I have from a reliable source that Pulis is a complete dick in real life! Do love watching that Crouch goal against Man Shitty though...

Anyways love the thrill of taking over at a new club and sorting the backroom staff out and getting shot of the dead wood. First club where there is pressure on to succeed as well. Also looking forward to attempting to spend 63 million in transfer window, no doubt I'll pay a stupid price for a player, I always do. No wonder I went bankrupt in real life a few years ago lol!