aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

Just started as Southampton. Undefeated in pre season two wins from two in the Championship so far.

Signed FRIMPONG on loan and Ravel Morrison to boost my team. Signed Will Keane permanently to back up "operation give the ball to Ricky Lambert". Signed an ace young english goalie as well, Joe Lewis.

Lets do this. Mid table finish, oh no no board. Automatic promotion this will be.

This is what I'm left with after a good old clearout:

David De Gea

Ben Amos

Sam Johnstone

Rafael

Fabio

Zaki Fryers

Michael Keane

Phil Jones

Chris Smalling

Jonny Evans

Vegard Forren

Paul Pogba

Ryan Tunnicliffe

Ravel Morrison

Tom Cleverley

Emre Can

Milan Badelj

Larnell Cole

Davide Petrucci

Charni Ekangamene

Gyliano Van Velzen

Adnan Januzaj

Antonio Valencia

Javier Hernandez

Danny Welbeck

Neymar

Joshua King

Will Keane

The fans are fucking furious. I think they might just burn down Old Trafford. Scumbags.

holding my own in the championship in a play off spot after 20 games, club is in some serious debt though and 8k a week over wage budget, fuck it, if i see a player worth signing and can wangle it so they will give me the money he wants I go for it. Never been one to be bothered about the club finances, that's the job of the board. Might not be so lippy should I go into admin, it does happen on the game doesn't it? Don't recall seeing teams getting points deduction but then again may not have noticed...

Once I get my new laptop and the game will function properly (so fecking slow on my ageing desktop) I shall - as usual - start a massive European game running around 12 leagues, start at the bottom and work my way up. When I manage Cambridge I stay at Cambridge, couldn't ever leave the club I support in real life!

Crystal Palace. The Palaces of Crystals. The Eagles. The Selhurst Parkers. Lovely kit, small squad, talented youngsters and a great bunch of lads.

I'm a sad bastard who needs to set goals before firing-up a new FM game, otherwise I lose interest. With Palace I want to maximise their young players' potential by giving them instant first-team football in an explosive, fast-paced system. The first thing I did was tell the unambitious board that I expect a top half finish at the very least. They respond by giving me no money to spend and just £10k worth of wages to play with. Oh well, at least Simon Jordan isn't there any more.

Punted a bunch of youngsters I didn't like the look of, then flogged Steffen Iversen to Peterborough (the fans were gutted) and Andy Doran to some rinky-dink lower league team. That give me another £10k of wages and £90k transfer funds (of which I didn't touch a penny). Fired into the free agent market and picked-up defensive midfielder Peter Luccin, ex-Inter hardnut Nelson Rivas, Dutch colony defender Tyrone Loran, sexy Spanish playmaker Javi Flores and Gabon winger Stephane N'Guema. I decided that my midfield didn't have enough DENCH and brought Frimpong in on-loan, but his mate Coquelin said "nah mate" even though I offered him a packet of Wotsits for every game won. Who doesn't like Wotsits? A dick, that's who.

Team looks like this:-

xmpg1k.png

Practically identical to the system I used at Aberdeen and Union Berlin. I'm very inspired by Walter Mazzarri's work at Napoli and want the team to play in a similar style. We'll coax the opposition into surrendering possession before thundering forward at 100mph and kicking them in the balls. We'll concede a few goals along the way, but I'm an FM Ruud Gullit. Sexy football all over your place.

My main man:-

11bkbqt.png

This boy is available on a free at the start of the game and far too good for the Championship. Bit of a nutter but solid as fuck and dead quick. Took a bit of wrangling to get him a work permit but we got there in the end. Delighted with this signing.

My top three youngsters:-

1g3yb5.png

igyt5g.png

2qxq92q.png

They're all raw as hell, but they're already quite strong in the attributes I'm looking for and they'll be first choice every week. Palace don't have great training facilities and they're a bit too good to go out on-loan, so what better way to aid their development than playing them?

Though I told the board that I just want to finish in the top half, I want promotion at the first time of asking. I'll accept nothing less. If these fuckers let me down they'll be on the first bus to Port Vale.

• Upvote 3

Frimpong just smashed one into the top corner from 30 yards in a top of the table clash against West Ham. Then he celebrates by doing a Usain Bolt.

Love that guy.

He scored with a sliding tackle for me. Opposition goalkeeper saw that my centre forward was miles away and decided to dribble the ball out of the box. Frimpong, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, decides to run forward like a freight train. Launches himself into the sliding tackle before the 'keeper knows what's hit him and BOOM. Goal.

I just molested Southampton 7-1. Go me.

Fuck sake. My save game corrupted, and won't load. I did a back up at the end of the 2nd season, but it's before the big fuck-off clearout and the 9 game winning streak. Massive manky bollocks. I fluked so many close-shaved wins where I had about 40% possession and rightly should have been spanked. It also took some serious persistence to flog some of the shite like Bebe too. Back to the pre-season for a player fire-sale.

Finding a buyer for Carrick without having to keep paying some of his wages was a cruel task. Nobody wants that sideways passing shithead

Fuck sake. My save game corrupted, and won't load. I did a back up at the end of the 2nd season, but it's before the big fuck-off clearout and the 9 game winning streak. Massive manky bollocks. I fluked so many close-shaved wins where I had about 40% possession and rightly should have been spanked. It also took some serious persistence to flog some of the shite like Bebe too. Back to the pre-season for a player fire-sale.

Finding a buyer for Carrick without having to keep paying some of his wages was a cruel task. Nobody wants that sideways passing shithead

Rolling auto-saves FTW

• Upvote 1

I auto-save too, but I don't back up each time I save. I probably should, as save game files seem to go tits up quite alot. This is the second time, though luckily the last one happened only one game after I backed up. My last back up goes right back to before the pre-season of the 3rd season. I might just holiday-it back to where I was and whatever will be will be.

Aw man, fuck this. 2015 as Chelsea, pumping everyone, only problem is Younés Belhanda - insanely awesome Morrocan boy - has handed in a transfer request because he's not playing enough. HE HAS BEEN INELIGIBLE THANKS TO BEING WITH HIS NATIONAL TEAM FOR THREE MONTHS. What the fuck. So now I might lose him thanks to the game assuming I have some vendetta against him bah.