aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

Nah way. My jaunt is completely overshadowed by Murrr's complete turnaround of Barcelona. That is real management, taking a team and making it your own. I'm just taking over Fergie's reigns and prolonging Uniteds success with very little tinkering. Except for getting rid of the Scouser in the wig.

I'm also crap at the game, really. I probably wouldn't be able to drag a shit side out of the shit and into the good like alot of folk here have managed. That's not my game. I demand the best or I'm out. Like Roy Keane

We should team up. It'd be great. LADZ ON FM, every Saturday night after Match of the Day. Get Manish, Steve Claridge and that bald "I'M IN BARNSLEY AND NOBODY WANTS TO TALK TO ME!" guy to fuck.

Right then. Decided to put my Union Berlin game on the backburner for a few weeks and focus on transforming Aberdeen into something resembling a football team.

I take over and am immediately informed that the board's minimum expectation is that we qualify for the Europe League. What, with this shower of shit? Milne's having a laugh, the monk-haired twat. Despite these silly expectations I shuffled down to the training ground and ran my rule over the players.

The good: Kari Arnason, Robert Milsom, Ricky Foster, David Gonzalez.

The nae bad: Fraser Fyvie, Scott Vernon, Youl Mawene, Peter Pawlett.

The pish: Just about everyone else.

Bit of work to be done, then. Loads of middling central midfielders and centre-backs but sod-all wingers and full-backs, but of course Aberdeen have no real transfer budget.

raoht1.png

First thing I did was dispose of a bunch of youth players I didn't like the look of. Next on the agenda? Pie Darren Mackie. Get that worthless twat away from my club.

I have Flores in my Union game: cracking little attacking midfielder with 16 for creativity, which is mental for Aberdeen. Sbai is a Moroccan left-back who's only half-shit and, Foster aside, Aberdeen don't have an LB. I marched into the board room and asked the pricks for a parent club. At first they were reluctant, but they soon caved in when I took one of Willie Miller's Wotsits without asking. A few days later they came back and offered me Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal. Amazing. Went with Arsenal and they immediately gave me Chamberlain (!) and Watt for nothing. Given Aberdeen's paucity of wingers, this was an absolute Godsend.

161eq1k.png

The system is all about speed. Chamberlain and Pawlett are nippy and Watt will be lightning from the bench. I'm favouring Magennis over Vernon because he's fast as fuck (but pretty shit at everything else). Flores will pull the strings, Milsom and Fyvie will keep shape and the defenders won't go anywhere near the opposition's half. Expecting a few headed corner goals from Kari though.

The idea is to keep it on the deck and blitz the opposition with our pace up front. We'll probably ship a few goals, but at least we'll be fun to watch.

Go team.

Won the league with Chelsea twice now. Finances for some reason only "okay"? Not sure why that is. Cavani and Hamsik did cost a metric fuckton though so maybe that has something to do with it, about £27mil each. Vrsaljko is a beast, too, young rightback for Dinamo Zagreb. Sweet bargain (ish) at only(!) £9million.

You could?

You COULD add a second manager to the game, assigned to Borussia Dortmund, and then you COULD make a £1 offer for the player, and then you COULD accept it as the second manager and therefore get him for £1 (well, the wages for Götze will be huge but it's better than splashing cash for him, surely).

(but obviously that sort of defeats the purpose of this game...)

You could also use a real time editor and just swap him into your squad for one of your players................

Can you create players using the editor? Say if I wanted to create me as a galactico, world dominating footballing wizard?

Any changes made in the editor, do you have to start a new game to be able to use them?

Can you create players using the editor? Say if I wanted to create me as a galactico, world dominating footballing wizard?

Any changes made in the editor, do you have to start a new game to be able to use them?

I'm pretty sure you have to start a new game, unsure if you can create from new, does real time editor mean you can do this without starting a new game? I'm off to google this...

You COULD add a second manager to the game, assigned to Borussia Dortmund, and then you COULD make a £1 offer for the player, and then you COULD accept it as the second manager and therefore get him for £1 (well, the wages for Götze will be huge but it's better than splashing cash for him, surely).

(but obviously that sort of defeats the purpose of this game...)

I thought they stopped people doing that these days? The board refuses to accept the offer or something.

You can create players using the in game editor, you have to download it through steam, but its free. You can do anything you want with that, create teams, players, edit current players and create comps if your savy enough with it, but you have to start a new game to use the custom database, you can download a programme called FMRTE which is a real time editor so you can change stuff in the game as your playing, you can create players with that, or edit players, finances, transfers and shit loads more, only thing is now you have to make a minimum 1 EURO donation to save any changes you make, they send you a license number and from there you can save anything you do. With the Gotze thing you could have arranged the transfer, then changed the value of the transfer to what ever you wanted, or swap Gotze for one of your current players. Only thing to watch with FMRTE is always make a back up save, its not SI supported and can if used wrongly cause your game to crash, i havent had any problems tho, i use it for making all the SPL teams super rich so they can keep up with my mad managing skillz. Also it will reveal everthing about a player, all his hidden stats, CA/PA and stuff like that so if you dont want to ruin the illusion you'd want to avoid loading any player screens.

You can create players using the in game editor, you have to download it through steam, but its free. You can do anything you want with that, create teams, players, edit current players and create comps if your savy enough with it, but you have to start a new game to use the custom database, you can download a programme called FMRTE which is a real time editor so you can change stuff in the game as your playing, you can create players with that, or edit players, finances, transfers and shit loads more, only thing is now you have to make a minimum 1 EURO donation to save any changes you make, they send you a license number and from there you can save anything you do. With the Gotze thing you could have arranged the transfer, then changed the value of the transfer to what ever you wanted, or swap Gotze for one of your current players. Only thing to watch with FMRTE is always make a back up save, its not SI supported and can if used wrongly cause your game to crash, i havent had any problems tho, i use it for making all the SPL teams super rich so they can keep up with my mad managing skillz. Also it will reveal everthing about a player, all his hidden stats, CA/PA and stuff like that so if you dont want to ruin the illusion you'd want to avoid loading any player screens.

I may give it a go. Where would one get FMRTE from?