aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

I bought this yesterday, and now I'm hooked. I'm not playing it right now and I feel dead inside. It's bloody marvellous though, even though I'm terrible at it, and always have been garbage at manager games.

I'm easing myself back into it by taking over United, with their money and good players. I sold Rooney because I hate that big eared, wig-wearing tosser and I think Tom Cleverley's next as he just gets angry or de-motivated at every awe-inspiring team talk that I give. I think I need to boot a boot in his bonce and cart him off to Madrid. The rest of the team love me except for that little chav prick. Out the door, mate.

Brought in Tiote though, after constantly lowballing Mike Ashley. They wanted £20m. They caved after I kept offering £13million. It made me feel like a mighty football bully like Barcelona. Newcastle fans were gutted and Pardew got sacked shortly after. Have that, Nya'castle. 10 games into the season, that bloaty-headed Ivorian has already picked up 2 red cards, and injured Kevin Davies. Boof!

Who else is ignoring their girlfriends and neglecting their work and social lives for Football Manager?

Ahem.........

http://aberdeen-music.com/threads/football-manager-2012.50906/

:p

Im in my 8th season now with the dons, just away to morn the retirement of Gary Caldwell who has given me 6 fantastic years and now at 38 is barely able to crawl onto the pitch for a match. David Goodwillie has also become a club legend after i completely saved his career after starting 6 games for Blackburn in 4 years before they punted him. FM is my weekend, only practise can pull me away from it, and i think about my team when practising. Life doesnt exist without football manager.

It really is great - FM2012 is a massive improvement on FM2011, much more intuitive.

In my second season with Spurs. Squaaad is amazing.

Rene Adler

Brad Friedel

Gregory van der Wiel

Kyle Walker

Younes Kaboul

Michael Dawson

Brede Hangeland

William Gallas

Sebastien Bassong

Gareth Bale

Scott Parker

Sandro

Tom Huddlestone

Luca Modric

Rafael van der Vaart

Aaron Lennon

Christian Eriksen

Angel Di Maria

Ibrahim Affelay

Emmanuel Adebayor

Carlos Tevez

Jermaine Defoe

Ruud van Nistelrooy

I've been issuing some serious spankings.

• Upvote 1

How much cash do Spurs start with? and did you win the league in your first season?

As I said earlier, since Tiote's arrival, he's had 2 red cards and injured WBA's Shaun Long. I've now had Carrick, Anderson and Cleverley all "injured in training". I bet that massive thug is kicking the fuck out of his midfield competition. What a rogue.

How much cash do Spurs start with? and did you win the league in your first season?

As I said earlier, since Tiote's arrival, he's had 2 red cards and injured WBA's Shaun Long. I've now had Carrick, Anderson and Cleverley all "injured in training". I bet that massive thug is kicking the fuck out of his midfield competition. What a rogue.

Had a pot of about £13 millilon to start, and no came 6th first season. Had a poor run after Christmas.

Sold loads of shit, BAE, Corluka, Pienaar, dos Santos, etc. Have only signed players that were transfer listed (with the exception of van der Wiel and Hangeland). Board injected some cash in January of season one and then pre-season of season two.

Enjoy it when you can, there is an ME issue with centre backs scoring too many corners, they will be adjusting that with the xmas patch they usually release.

If your united make sure you keep Ravel Morrison, and tutor him, train him, bend over for him if you have to, but do everything possible to keep him and make him good, he is untouchable for my dons team, but he is a nutter, loves a sending off for a lunge or arguing with the ref! Also that young kid from Palace becomes amazing in 5/6 seasons!

Ravel is on the bench but makes a few appearances now and again. He's notched 4 goals from midfield in half a season, and gets good ratings. He's currently unhappy with the high workload in training, which everyone else is happy with. Can I reduce an individual players training? He's hard to manage as it is. Doesn't really pay attention to team talks. Always says he is angered, confused or looks disinterested.

It only seems to be Forren who's scoring goals from the back. Vidic, Rio, Jones and Smalling are all on zero goals. Forren is banging them in. He scored one from open play in the 11-0 dicking. Shits all over Vermaelen.

i re-trained him into a right winger, i don play with a high centre mid and he is useless defence wise so training him to play centre mid seemed a bit pointless he just ghosts past players at will for me.

I dont bother too much with the complaining about high workload thing, although if want you can create a training schedule just for him, i make my own ones for positions, ive seen people make them for every player in their team, depends how anal you want to be about it. Make a carbon copy of the one he is on, just reduce the workload a bit.

Yeah he is mental, uncontrollable in the game at times, but worth it when he performs, just like Mario!!

I play him as the central attacking mid when I play 4-2-3-1 behind Hernandez or Welbeck. He's doing okay, but not too reliable yet. I've shipped him off to Southampton on loan, who promised him first team football. I was going to do the same with Pogba, but he's just broken his leg. Out for 6 months. Twat.

One thing I've noticed which keeps bugging me is when I'm playing 4-4-2, and have for example Nani, Carrick, Tiote, Valencia as the midfield 4, I'll notice that now and again Valencia has started playing in the middle, and Tiote or Carrick have been pushed out to the wing. I'll look on the tactics screen, and the players have actually switched positions. Happens 2 or 3 times a game. What's going on there? It's annoying, as you can literally see how ineffective they are when played out of position, as they tend to just run in a sraight line and get tackled, Gutierrez style.

Giggs may be a pensioner, but he's still brilliant when played in a central attacking midfielder position behind the striker. He scored a diving header recently. He's refusing to sign a contract extension though. He wants more money. Fucking playboy cunt.

• Upvote 1

Gallas is on his way out. Stats have seriously declined over the last six months.

I would like to play Bale further forward, as he does his best work there, but I couldn't find a left back I was happy with in the most recent transfer window. Plus Di Maria was available and took a chunk out my budget.

Open to suggestion for a decent left back to sign if you have any names..?

I haven't really bought anyone in my game, as I'm aiming to develop the United kids and phase the oldies out, but I've currently got Fabio performing much more consistently than Evra, to the extent that I've dropped King Pat and Fabio is first pick. He can play at RB comfortably too. Doesn't get injured as often in real life too. Bonus!

I've lost both of my competitive games so far: 2-0 and 2-1 in the Serie C Trophy, which I'm pretty sure isn't even a real competition. First game was pretty shitty as I managed 62% possession and 20+ shots to their five, but still lost. I went ahead in the second game thanks to a header from my CB (wahey) but had my striker sent-off immediately after. Being the ballsy bastard that I am, I decided to continue without a striker and continued to fashion chances but bastarding Perugia scored two 25-yard pingers to put me away.

I'm playing a 4-5-1 formation (flat back four, one DM, two CMs, two advanced wingers (playing as inside forwards) and one complete forward) with short passing and a rigid philosophy. The idea is to score once and just not let the opponents have the ball, the horrible bloody bastards that we are. I want soul-destroying Italian 1-0 victories: none of this 4-3 bollocks. It's not going well so far though.

Tried to sign a bunch of over-the-hill buggers but none of them were having it. Even Sol Campbell. Sol pissing Campbell turned me down. Cock. Ended-up bringing in a bunch of young Italian prospects instead. Tried getting former Aberdeen sicknote Karim Touzani but he went off to France, and Tomi Ameobi wasn't even in the game.