aberdeen-music

Aberdeen: The most miserable place to live in the UK?

Paranoid Android

It could be 24 years old, its still relevant today, this place is the worst of the worst. All my colleagues are from other countries and most of them are now feeling the depression and wonder why they have lost the will to live. I just tell them, thats Aberdeen.

Sounds like a great bunch of people, talking as a person from Englandshire who has lived in a few different cities across thw world, i really do not think this city is as bad as everyone thinks. Don't like it? Then fuck off. Chin up.

• Upvote 1

It could be 24 years old, its still relevant today, this place is the worst of the worst. All my colleagues are from other countries and most of them are now feeling the depression and wonder why they have lost the will to live. I just tell them, thats Aberdeen.

If you don't like it, get the fuck out you absolute tit. Cannot stand people slagging off my hometown. If you aren't from here, don't say anything, if you are from here and hate it so much, then leave.

You're totally naive if you think Aberdeen is the "worst of the worst" by the way. I think the city is grey and yes it can be dire but it can also be wonderful, both in snow and sunshine. In the University grounds for example, it's lovely all year round. Duthie Park is magnificent. Out by Deeside is the type of area tourists pay to come and see and there's plenty more examples. The crime is very low (on street level, heroin and cocaine sales notwithstanding) and unemployment is lower than 99% of Britain. I'd rather be employed and paid well in a grey city than dirt poor in the sunshine.

I'm not saying it's perfect but I think it's a nice place to live, and a nice city which has a lot to be proud of and I don't like the tone of the article at all.

If you don't like it, get the fuck out you absolute tit. Cannot stand people slagging off my hometown. If you aren't from here, don't say anything, if you are from here and hate it so much, then leave.

You're totally naive if you think Aberdeen is the "worst of the worst" by the way. I think the city is grey and yes it can be dire but it can also be wonderful, both in snow and sunshine. In the University grounds for example, it's lovely all year round. Duthie Park is magnificent. Out by Deeside is the type of area tourists pay to come and see and there's plenty more examples. The crime is very low (on street level, heroin and cocaine sales notwithstanding) and unemployment is lower than 99% of Britain. I'd rather be employed and paid well in a grey city than dirt poor in the sunshine.

I'm not saying it's perfect but I think it's a nice place to live, and a nice city which has a lot to be proud of and I don't like the tone of the article at all.

Amen to that, if your not happy in Aberdeen fuck off somewhere else. Aberdeen is a fine place to live, infact it was voted in the top 200 places to live in the world this week, fucked if i can find the article but i remember reading that.

• Upvote 3

I'm a West Coaster and am not a huge fan of the layout of Aberdeen centre and if I'm honest, a lot of the folks up here seem to be a bit more reserved than I'm used to, but as a place to live (and that's includes the surrounding towns and areas) it is FAR better than a good majority of it's contemporaries in the UK.

Maybe some of the naysayers should try month about in the likes of Bradford, Peterborough, Birmingham, Hull, Saaarf Laahdaan etc, before criticising Aberdeen.

Casting the net a bit wider, an English colleague of mine called Scotland "Europe's Best Kept Secret" and wouldn't consider taking his family anywhere else.

But I agree with MilnerD and Nef-C - if you don't like it fuck off.

• Upvote 1

If people like you got the fuck out maybe I'd be happier. I'll stay where I was born till I die, there's not any fucking alternative is there.

Anyone happy in Aberdeen is either a liar, or middle class....no time for either.

If people like you got the fuck out maybe I'd be happier. I'll stay where I was born till I die, there's not any fucking alternative is there.

Anyone happy in Aberdeen is either a liar, or middle class....no time for either.

Fuck off you absolute bell end, honestly. There are plenty of alternatives, moving out of the city is no harder than moving flat, the fact is your most likely to fucking lazy to go to the bother of finding out how you could do it, youd rather sit on your arse and moan about it. I hate people like that, your a waste of air as far as im concerned, ill happily keep my lie filled, middle class way of living if dickheads like you move away and dont come back.