aberdeen-music

That's Amazing!

framheim

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hyper-real-pencil-drawings-look-just-762775

Pretty amazing stuff. I'd like to see them in real life.

I love stuff like that. I've seen hyper realistic portraits that have been painted as well and they always amaze me.

What really amazes me is one of the comments underneath that article though:

Alison Richardson

9:35 PM on 28/3/2012

This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Alison Richardson. Show DetailsHide Details

This comment is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show DetailsHide Details

This stuff is just so simple to do. Hard work? I don't think so! These so-called drawings are just photos of things like places and people off the Internet that the artist has taken a photo of. Where's the skill in that? And even if the "artist" actually goes one further and then draws the exact details on top of the photo to make it look exactly like a drawing - then where is the so-called "artistic talent" in that?

This is rubbish. There is more artistic talent in the manufacturing of the "artist's" pencil than these photos which has been photographed and then copied into a picture. This kind of stuff is dead easy to do with Photoshop and stuff like the UFO pictures and things is just all over the Internet. I could take a photo of me and put it up on the Net and say I had drawn it from "real life". Everyone would just believe it. Is all talent just about copying things nowadays? Or is it just me that notices?

It is very like when sampling in records started, did no-one else notice that Jedward's song called Ice Ice Baby was actually sampled from Vanilla Rice's song which came out years ago (actually with the same name... we all knew Jedward were a bit of a joke really... but WAKE UP people!). There is also a record which I bought when I was nine by the group Bus Stop which was mostly taken of a track by the Bee Gees called "Staying Alive". I recently found that it was actually taken from a song by Pink Floyd called "Staying Alive In The Wall". If you don't believe me you should look up these titles on Youtube and you will be amazed at what these so called artists has been getting away with.

Everybody is just copying things now, and this latest is just say like photographing places and people off the Internet and calling it drawing. What's next?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...