aberdeen-music

Band

Hey guys, just putting the feelers out for this.

So, I'm getting restless, haven't been on stage in years now. Fancy forming a new band at some point in the next couple of months, probably after my exams in January.

I can sing well enough to accompany loud music, although I'm no Jeff Buckley, I can write okay lyrics, play riddim guitar alright, and looking for a bassist, a lead guitarist, drummer, maybe second vocalist/keyboard player. Just seeing who'd be interested.

Not sure what we'd sound like but bands I like are Tokyo Police Club, Titus Andronicus, early Idlewild, heavy into Los Campesinos! atm, early Adam Ant, Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Errors, Smith Westerns.

Looking to practice anywhere between 1-3 times a week, with a view to gigging and recording original material.

Hit me up on here if you think it sounds like your thing.

Cheers,

Craig.

Awesome, Dave! I'll speak to you about it when/if I get more folk interested, like I said, won't be for a couple of months yet and I need to write some songs. Need to sharpen up on the guitar, too!

I'm actually quite into the whole ginger band idea. We can call ourselves 'Simply Red'.

(I know I've bust out this anecdote before, but my Dad's gf took Mick Hucknalls virginity. Just something to sweeten the deal in case anyone out there wasn't sure whether to reply to the thread or not)

Awesome response guys. Give me a coupla days and I'll get back to you all individually.

Other bands I like and will probably try to emulate that I didn't mention are Brand New and Desaperacidos, just in case that sways you either way.

Awesome response guys. Give me a coupla days and I'll get back to you all individually.

Other bands I like and will probably try to emulate that I didn't mention are Brand New and Desaperacidos, just in case that sways you either way.

Man, I love Desaperacidos.

But I'd just carry out a hostile take over and fire everyone eventually.