aberdeen-music

Fudge Music Awards - Best Of The Rest 2012 ?

The Ghost Of Fudge

Aberdonian promoters 'Fudge' have been organising an annual music awards shindig celebrating Aberdeen's diverse range of bands since 2001. The 12th Fudge Music Awards will be hosted at the Moorings Bar on Saturday 11th Febuary, when three bands will play and we'll discover who's won what. Like the Kerrrang Awards, but drunker.

You'll be able to vote here on Ab-Music, or via the traditional paper slips available at the Moorings on gig nights. We'll total these figures to arrive at our champions across various categories, who will then have the opportunity to come up onstage and thank their fans during the awards ceremony. Start writing your speeches now, the last couple of years they've been crap.

BEST OF THE REST (for bands we can't pigeon-hole) 2012

Your nominees are:

CARSON WELLES www.facebook.com/wearecarsonwells

DARTH ELVIS AND THE IMPERIALS www.facebook.com/pages/Darth-Elvis-The-Imperials/195551207130279?ref=ts&sk=wall

THE GOTHIC DORICS www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gothic-Dorics/100112033366869?ref=ts

THE MALPASO GANG www.facebook.com/pages/The-Malpaso-Gang-Tall-Riders-on-the-Lonesome-Trail/165509783478506?ref=ts

MIN DIESEL www.facebook.com/pages/Min-Diesel/122142337808269

SON HENRY www.facebook.com/pages/Son-Henry/333875198243

You may vote for more than one option.

PREVIOUS 'BEST OF THE REST' WINNERS:

2001 - N/A

2002 - N/A

2003 - Masamune

2004 - Staccato Set

2005 - Staccato Set

2006 - Geneveive

2007 - Hookers Green No.1

2008 - The Kitchen Cynics

2009 - The Kitchen Cynics

2010 - The Son Henry Band

2011 - The Son Henry Band

2012 - ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Fuck you man, we are the best band in the country. Hepas of people think so but none of you ignorant fools up here appreciate us. You're all so small city mentality.

Ohhh! Peaked early, looks like! It's gotta hurt being, what, 4th? Did I read that right? 4th? My bands beat you TWICE in one category this year?

But on to more important things, small city minded or not. Congrats to the winners! Well done!

Ohhh! Peaked early, looks like! It's gotta hurt being, what, 4th? Did I read that right? 4th? My bands beat you TWICE in one category this year?

But on to more important things, small city minded or not. Congrats to the winners! Well done!

AT LEAST I'M NOT OLD. These awards are a complete fucking farce. Totally rigged... must be.

• Upvote 1