aberdeen-music

Dislike button

framheim

The site had become a cock sucking ground for those with a lot of rep, if you dared go against bigsby or teabags your profile would get hammered and thus everyone bent over when ever these guys posted.

Yep, it was definitely the fear of aggressive gay sexual abuse that kept me in check back in those dark times.

Now I can say that everyone smells like the inside of Jade Goodie's funeral bra and no-one can fucking touch me.

• Upvote 3

see, that doesn't work. now i'm full of guilt that you might think i meant that and you'll be having a wee cry behind your keyboard. i'm no keyboard warrior, i can't handle this sort of pressure. i'd much rather just click a dislike button to register a varying level of disapproval.

• 2 weeks later...
the good thing about reputation was that it could be used to send a clear signal that someone was being a tool. as it'ts been replaced with a like button can we also have a dislike button?

I have read and used this site pretty much since it's inception, I'd say the "trophy" period was the worst. Aberdeen music is a very limited closed shop- I've not seen any statistics but age wise, ethnic origin wise, politics wise, and I even bet income wise this place's user base is pretty homogeneous.

So adding a competition element again makes debate even duller.

I'd agree with Soda Pop: If you don't like it fire on in there and say so- let your fingers do the talking.

The problem with "rep" was that yes, people ended up sucking cock for points- which is not good. There is no point in preaching to the converted is a false economy. Debate is good, disagreement is healthy, and you would think that a forum like this would be wide open.

Witness the feedback forum for example. More venal and backslappy than the House of Lords.

XX

I have read and used this site pretty much since it's inception, I'd say the "trophy" period was the worst. Aberdeen music is a very limited closed shop- I've not seen any statistics but age wise, ethnic origin wise, politics wise, and I even bet income wise this place's user base is pretty homogeneous.

So adding a competition element again makes debate even duller.

I'd agree with Soda Pop: If you don't like it fire on in there and say so- let your fingers do the talking.

The problem with "rep" was that yes, people ended up sucking cock for points- which is not good. There is no point in preaching to the converted is a false economy. Debate is good, disagreement is healthy, and you would think that a forum like this would be wide open.

Witness the feedback forum for example. More venal and backslappy than the House of Lords.

XX

Who cares? It's just a stupid fucking website where people drop by to post crap to alleviate their boredom, or pass time in their undemanding jobs.