aberdeen-music

Dislike button

framheim

the good thing about reputation was that it could be used to send a clear signal that someone was being a tool. as it'ts been replaced with a like button can we also have a dislike button?

Isn't that just going back to the old system again? This is my perception of the old system, not a fact - the same system that certainly highlighted the toolish amongst us but it also served to create and reinforce cliques and turned into a huge "popularity" contest which turned off new users and basically anyone who wasn't part of the "in-crowd"? That's the way I saw it, and I think things are better now. Likes seem to be being given out more on the strength of the content they are liking rather than the positive rep which used to be dished out willy-nilly based upon the identity of the person doing the posting and how "studly" they looked with their shiny stars, patrolling the place like shrieval arbiters of communal taste.

• Upvote 4

what neepheid said - im sure ive said something very similiar in the past! New system seems better, focuses on the positive which can only be good rather than it devolving into a 'fuck you and your opinion - im gona get all my online mateys to give u bad rep' sort of system. That definately doesnt help attract fresh people/perspectives/variety of musical taste to the board.

• Upvote 2

Isn't that just going back to the old system again? This is my perception of the old system, not a fact - the same system that certainly highlighted the toolish amongst us but it also served to create and reinforce cliques and turned into a huge "popularity" contest which turned off new users and basically anyone who wasn't part of the "in-crowd"? That's the way I saw it, and I think things are better now. Likes seem to be being given out more on the strength of the content they are liking rather than the positive rep which used to be dished out willy-nilly based upon the identity of the person doing the posting and how "studly" they looked with their shiny stars, patrolling the place like shrieval arbiters of communal taste.

I'm not talking about positive stuff though, just a system where you can express a dislike for someones opinion our post without getting into a big argument or discussion about it. What you've described is only focusing on the like system which is almost exactly the same as positive rep just without a public badge

Well said, the whole site just became a suck Bigsby and a few other users with good rep fest for a long time, i know for a fact others were put off coming on here because if you didnt agree with 3 or 4 posters you were wasting your time posting at all on here.

Well said, the whole site just became a suck Bigsby and a few other users with good rep fest for a long time, i know for a fact others were put off coming on here because if you didnt agree with 3 or 4 posters you were wasting your time posting at all on here.

I suppose there's no hard feelings there stemming from the negative rep. and eventual banning from your "banter" streak with sexytunk?

I suppose there's no hard feelings there stemming from the negative rep. and eventual banning from your "banter" streak with sexytunk?

Its not about hard feelings, i was rightly banned for being a knob, nothing to do with the threads with sexytunk actually, funnily enough it was to do with Bigsby, but we burried that hatch a long time ago. The site had become a cock sucking ground for those with a lot of rep, if you dared go against bigsby or teabags your profile would get hammered and thus everyone bent over when ever these guys posted. It was the single worst idea AB-Music ever introduced and most likely contributed to this site becoming the shadow it used to be.

For what its worth i was in the top 20 on here for rep before i was banned if i remember correctly, so me getting bad rep has nothing to do with my point of view.