aberdeen-music

Bands Bucket List

Lemonade

I'll have to get on YouTube and check that out, not seen it!

It's the Wu's anger and shouting that makes them so good - the first albumn is just angry young men going wild!

Alan - where did you see Frankie? Any good?

Saw him a few times...the one I'm sure about was in the wee venue above the pub on the corner near the Palace (the Hayloft?). Also saw him at the Univ. Union, and I think possibly the MacRobert Hall (definitely saw Bebop Deluxe there). Always great live!! He got the audience dancing, too :) (even me)

It must of been '94/'95. They had specifically reformed for the Nirvana tour, but I can't remember if it was warm-up dates before the tour or if it was after Kurt died.

I'm pretty sure they were the support for Bis or maybe Suckle (Frances Mckee's post Vaselines band) that night

It was absolutely and 100% when they were supporting Bis - I saw that exact tour at the Cockpit in Leeds. I'd heard of the Raincoats through the linear notes in Nirvana's Incesticide album and also their tour support. Bis were shit. Which should come as no surprise to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Thread revival!

Anyone managed to cross any off their list?

Which bands are on your bucket list, bands you've never seen but really want to see before you (or they) die?

I've been lucky enough to have seen most of my favourite bands but here's a few I'd still like to add:

Weezer
Blondie - seen!
The White Stripes (I'm sure they'll reform at some point)
The Who
Daft Punk
Beck
Coldplay
Aerosmith
Snoop Dogg - next week maybe!
Tom Petty
Rod Stewart

I don't know why I wanted to see Rod Stewart and Coldplay in 2011. Or Aerosmith. In fact this is a fucking terrible list. I'm going to rip it up and start again and put some thought into it this time.

Jane's Addiction, Tool, Guthrie Govan, Buckethead. Probably a bunch of jazz and blues guitarists... Eddie Van Halen.

Have seen Govan twice now, in different bands. Ironically he's playing in Poland in August.

Also have a ticket for Jane's in August, far from sure if I'll make it though.

I didn't make a list but I managed to tick one off of my non-existent list this year: saw Trentemoller a few weeks back. It was just as good as I'd hoped. 

Not a band but I also saw Bill Cosby do standup the week before last. Definitely a bucket list candidate. It was genuinely one of the best shows I've ever been to. Seeing a true master of his craft, so at ease in front of an audience and just so effortlessly funny is something i'll never forget. He's pushing 80 and he did 2 and a half hours of fresh stuff that just breezed by.