aberdeen-music

Bands Bucket List

Lemonade

The Bug & Warrior Queen

Specifically those two together? The Bug usually has Daddy Freddy or Flowdan as his MC of choice.

I've thrown a lot of money at concerts this year, but still have a daunting list of must-sees.

Bands/artists: Sparks, Prince, Meat Puppets, Kate Bush (she says she might tour next year!), Pixies, Ice Cube (esp. a Death Certificate in Full tour), Bun B, Faith No More, many, many jazz legends (like Ornette Coleman, Archie Shepp and Pharoah Sanders, all in London in the next few weeks) and reggae legends (Burning Spear, Horace Andy, Sizzla) I've not seen yet. And Allen Toussaint...

DJs: Todd Edwards, Todd Terry, either of the Masters at Work, El-B, DJ Godfather.

Specifically those two together? The Bug usually has Daddy Freddy or Flowdan as his MC of choice.

Yeah I'd be happy to see The Bug with any MC tbh, but I would love to see her performing in the flesh, in all the youtubes I've seen, she has been amazing.

I just missed out in a comp to win Ornette tix for next week in london, though I got the second prize of a couple of his cd's

Rocket From the Crypt.

It's nice to see lots of bands I've seen on other peoples lists. Who wants to touch me?

I was enjoying this also - particularly the ones who I'm not really a big fan of. Oh yeah, I've seen them (I think I have anyway), didn't really think much of them.

I've seen most of my favourites who are still alive and I've also seen a Nirvana tribute act.

I would also like to see Tom Petty so we should really all write to his booking agent. Other than that I have been listening a lot to a fella called Todd Snider recently and would love to see him live - think I'll get onto my friends at Vocoustics for that one.

I need to see Eels too. I did physically see them at T in the Park before I was an Eels obsessive but in my drug induced state I decided that the band that had taken the stage wasn't Eels and I needed to go outside and chew my own face for a couple of hours. I then had a ticket to see them last year but couldn't go for personal reasons.

• Upvote 1

Frankie Miller is probably my number one. Would be amazing. Doubt it'll ever happen tho. Most of the ones I would want are hampered by some or all of the members being deceased. Other ones are knackered by having split up.

Would love to see the Wu with all of the remaining members (rather than several missing like they were in Edinburgh!) and Raekwon solo as well. A few other obvious hip hop acts like Dre, Ice Cube. Skinnyman too, just doing Council Estate of Mind front to back

AC/DC too - but they ride you to the tune of about a million beans for a ticket when they play

Deacon Blue. They pop up from time to time

R Kelly's got the hot mad vocals so that'd be a good show. Hunners poon too.

RATM would be a must if they played near enough

Eels are a good shout as well!

Frankie Miller is probably my number one. Would be amazing. Doubt it'll ever happen tho. Most of the ones I would want are hampered by some or all of the members being deceased. Other ones are knackered by having split up.

Would love to see the Wu with all of the remaining members (rather than several missing like they were in Edinburgh!) and Raekwon solo as well. A few other obvious hip hop acts like Dre, Ice Cube. Skinnyman too, just doing Council Estate of Mind front to back

AC/DC too - but they ride you to the tune of about a million beans for a ticket when they play

Deacon Blue. They pop up from time to time

R Kelly's got the hot mad vocals so that'd be a good show. Hunners poon too.

RATM would be a must if they played near enough

Eels are a good shout as well!

My mate played at the Frankie Miller tribute event in Glasgow many years ago (it probably looked like he was on his way out hence the tribute). I assume the man himself was there. There's a great live version of Drunken Nights on the City on YouTube I assume you've seen?

I've seen Wu, or at least I think I have, didn't think much, just a lot of men shouting ;)

RATM were great. :)

I saw R Kelly too.....on MTV lol!