aberdeen-music

Rate my band?

Csuth01

I don't think the recording is quite sharp enough to be released as a single, personally I think it's more the standard of a pretty good demo. Decent song though, the bit where you sing "you got the music playin'", the guitars there are fuckin' a.

Not totally shitting my pants over how good it is, but a nice first attempt that shows lots of potential. I'd listen to any more stuff you lot put out.

Song is decent, but the drums sound a bit muffled. Sweet melodies though.

Not so sure about the video. I always feel the types of videos where it's a montage of in-the-studio-with-the-lads need to have much shorter edits, since what is being shown isn't really all that exciting, but can look more appealing if it's just a couple of seconds here and there, chopping back and forth to other stuff. There's one bit where the camera just focuses on the mixing desk levels for about 10 seconds. It kinda drags.

Thanks guys, really appreciate all these comments :) I agree that the mix I did of this song wasn't great. We were just keen to get it out fast so didn't have a long time to work on it...but our EP tracks are sounding much bigger! The video was just for the sake of having it on youtube tbh, the person who edited it did a great job with the scrappy material we gave him haha, we had to film and record the song in 1 day so we are happy with it for that! If you could like our facebook page and share us that would be fantastic! Thanks again!

I don't think the recording is quite sharp enough to be released as a single, personally I think it's more the standard of a pretty good demo. Decent song though, the bit where you sing "you got the music playin'", the guitars there are fuckin' a.

Pretty much agree with this. Good tune. The guitars sound much better in the chorus but a little weak tone-wise in the intro and verse. I like that initial lead guitar line with the cheeky bend though. But yeah, I like it. Would check out more stuff. Plenty of strong melodies!

Thanks alot! The Ep has been mostly been recorded and tracked now but the mixing will be done over the next month or 2. I can safely say that everything sounds much better from the source this time. The drum kit has been tuned better, the guitar tones sound bigger and some cool production techniques are being used to make the tracks more interesting than just rattling off songs one after the other on the album! We are playing at snafu on the 8th of December if anyone fancies it!

• Upvote 1

Sorry not for me, the drum sound is terrible, really lacking any kind of energy or drive to it and the snare has an awful sound to it, i really dont want to sound like a dick saying that, just my honest opinion.

The song doesnt really do anything i find interesting, no real hook that would make me go back to it again.

Saying all that, best of luck man!!

@FOX Hahaha thanks man. I'm sure you will get more fans! Send me a link to your page? I'd be happy check it out!

@milnerD...Okay man that's cool! I agree the drums were not tuned properly but we really didn't have the time available back then to get it tuned properly! The new EP sound bigger already and has just started to be mixed so its all good! If there's any sugesstions you have or things you feel we could improve on let me know! I really appreciate your honesty and thankyou for the kind wishes.

On second listen on better speakers its not as bad as my post made out, the "shake it up" bit is quite catchy actually. Drum wise its more the snare and the hats and cymbols are very loud, the snare also kinda disappears during the chorus except during the fills which i think makes it sound kinda muddy. I kinda agree with Bob, a touch faster could bring the song out a bit more, but thats prob out pop punk back ground coming out!! Whoever is singing has a good set of pipes you couldnt really fault the vocals. Its not really my thing i guess is the biggest gripe for me, but obviously there is nothing you can do about that hahaha.

Again tho best of luck man, hope it all goes well for you guys!

• 1 month later...

In all honesty the production is pretty terrible, everything just sounds a little lacklustre (the vocals sit well in the mix though which is a positive thing in my opinion). It's not the sort of thing that i would go out and buy but it reminds me a little of the Strokes and the song is well written.