aberdeen-music

Black Sabbath reunite for first album (with Ozzy) since 1978

Chris

I must be one of the only metal guys who doesn't like BS. Even "Paranoid" is a very overrated song. IMHO.

I've always been of the opinion that Sabbath are ace but Paranoid is an overplayed bag of arse.

The album will no doubt be shite but I'd probably go to a gig if they decide to tour. Ozzy will be wash of course, but, y'know, nostalgia. I caught Heaven & Hell a few years ago in Glasgow and they were actually pretty good, shame the album that followed was incredibly dull.

I must be one of the only metal guys who doesn't like BS. Even "Paranoid" is a very overrated song. IMHO.

Children of the Grave isn't though, it's high rating is justified.....**This just in, Standard and Poor have dropped Paranoid to AA-+, controversially replacing it in the canon with Neon Knights, over to Robert Peston for reaction...

Ach, 'Paranoid' is a decent enough song but just chronically over-exposed, much like 'Ace of Spades' - everyone knows that 'Overkill' is the real Motorhead classic. Sabbath have 'Iron Man', 'Sweet Leaf', Supernaut', 'War Pigs', 'Into the Void', the aforementioned 'Children of the Grave', etc, so many great songs.

Black Sabbath's first 4 albums are immense. 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' has some OK stuff on it, post that it all went a bit dodgy from what I've heard (granted, I've only really heard any of the post-Ozzy stuff on a compilation but I'm not keen on Dio vs. Ozzy to be honest). This will probably be a pretty dire album but I don't think it will be Rick Rubin's fault, it just seems like one of those things that has 'bad idea' written all over it.

I thought Rick Rubin did an OK job of making a better Metallica album than 'St. Anger' but then that wasn't very hard. I hope he would have smacked them upside the head if he heard that version of 'White Light, White Heat' that appeared in the other thread.