aberdeen-music

Matamp 1224 Mk6 and 2x12 Cab - Testing the waters

Lucky shot

Exactly, plus those that have got that amount of cash to burn on an amp will likely get a new amp for added new-amp-buying boner inducement.

Thats the thing though, you wont get a new Matamp for that price, maybe not even a head by its self and then there is the waiting list. I think its about 6 months minimum right now.

Exactly, plus those that have got that amount of cash to burn on an amp will likely get a new amp for added new-amp-buying boner inducement.

Personally, nothing gets me tugging my collar like scoring some special second hand gear.

I'm pretty surprised that no-ones caved in and bought this yet. These amps are fucking bananas.

i hate to rain on your parade BUT if you look around ebay forums like these even cash converters and places like that as soon as your gear comes out of its box its worth 50% of what you paid for it...................i know its painful but its a fact........EG:: just over a year ago i paid £500 for a 120watt valve combo plus £40 for a custom made cover mistake gigged it once it was too loud i couldn't even sell it on for £300 in the end i went to cash converters who gave me £150 the amp had been treated liked a baby i still had the original packaging plus custom cover.............WTF i believe the amp is still in cash converters with a price of £300..........i now have a mesa boogie F50 1 x 12 combo retail £1500 new..........1 previous owner ...what would you give me for it ?? its a 90,s amp i think...........80's amps on ebay are still selling for 5 or £6oo

Good luck i hope you get a great price sorry for the rant but.......everybody wants stuff for nothing.........................................i have 30 years experience in this the last 10 years with the internet has been interesting but has driven second hand prices way down..............if you don't get it sold on ebay my boogie swap offer is back on...........cheers

Good luck i hope you get a great price sorry for the rant but.......everybody wants stuff for nothing.........................................i have 30 years experience in this the last 10 years with the internet has been interesting but has driven second hand prices way down..............if you don't get it sold on ebay my boogie swap offer is back on...........cheers

No worries, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if you do have a little search on ebay you will find 100's mesa's etc and all of maybe 4 Matamps. Also with the rarity of the Matamps and their superb sound, construction and heritage they really do hold their price. I had a guy from Germany looking to buy it, but typically my luck one turned up the next day near him.

Its still for sale if you want to add £500 onto your F50 offer we may have a deal.

Not accurate. Supply and demand man. Matamps are nowhere near as readily available as Boogies and Fenders etc.

This is true. Cheers.

I disagree about gear being worth 50% as soon as you get it. With the rocketing costs of new gear, specially lots of well known brands, its not making a huge loss on sales.

For example, boogies, the price is going upwards on new boogies. I bought a Roadster in 2008 for 1700, price now for a new one is averaging 2400.

Mark 4 heads seem to be holding their prices quite well as they are sought after and not many people are selling them since they were discontinued for the mark 5.

Bogner amps as well, as far as I am aware the only place selling them is guitarguitar and they are going through the roof price wise. I got a brand new 20th anniversary shiva in december 2010 for £1500, if you want to buy one now as of this day, it will set you back £2300, an 800 quid price hike in just over a year. the regular shiva has went up about 5 to 600 in a year, so if I sold mine I could easily make what I paid for it.

I have heard the stories about people taking a les paul standard into cash converters and being offered £200!!

• Upvote 1

glad you got the deal you wanted......sad i didnt get to try it but happy for you anyway...............check out laney 30 watt our bass player is trying to sell on forum

graeme C ( has a thing about beards )........................

Yea its a shame the amp isnt staying up here, its off to Englandshire. Im surprised people didn't just come to try it out even though they didn't have the cash.

Sad indeed. I sent this link to a good few people, hope it generated some interest.

Thanks for that.