aberdeen-music

Priory closing down?

the word on the street is that the ministry is on the verge of being sold, paramount has already been sold and the priory is on the verge of closure if a buyer isn't found..the people that own them want to completely pull out of Aberdeen (so i've been told, anyway.

I reckon it'll be gone sooner rather than later...

Guest stuartmaxwell

er

the epic group arent selling up, a friend of mine has just done some business with them

and they quashed the rumours

im quite happy for all of those places to stay open, it keeps the neds and idiots out of the venues i like

• 3 weeks later...
the word on the street is that the ministry is on the verge of being sold' date=' paramount has already been sold and the priory is on the verge of closure if a buyer isn't found..the people that own them want to completely pull out of Aberdeen (so i've been told, anyway.

I reckon it'll be gone sooner rather than later...[/quote']

Thats bullshit, the Epic Group still own Paramount, I work for them and the Ministry is very much still a part of that too.

The Priory has to be the biggest pile of shite for bar I have ever frequented. Who the hell designed it? Someone who used to send lab-rats through mazes? And those lights..... Yuk. There is nothing nice about this bar. The best thing they can do is build a proper 2nd floor, remove all the seating and start again, get rid of the tree trunk as you walk in.

Failing that, they could just close it forever and use the space to make a decent large restaurant on the street.

• 4 weeks later...

Wouldnt be a bad thing...the place is a death trap. Someone dropped a glass off the balcony and ul never guess where it landed?? On my nose!!! The bloody thing broke my nose and i had to go to work sporting a big fat nose and two black eyes. I looked lovely! My nose has a stupid lump at one side, its not too noticable but i can see it. ;(

Wouldnt be a bad thing...the place is a death trap. Someone dropped a glass off the balcony and ul never guess where it landed?? On my nose!!! The bloody thing broke my nose and i had to go to work sporting a big fat nose and two black eyes. I looked lovely! My nose has a stupid lump at one side' date=' its not too noticable but i can see it. ;([/quote']

Bloody hell - and I thought I was suffering watching people jig out of time along to Junior Senior!

• 4 weeks later...

fuckin hell thats outrageous. u shud try and claim for that. i agree the priory is fucking shit - last time i was in there it was scotland v holland and scotland got beaten 5-0. place was full of agressive neds staring at each other. the downstairs bit used to be alright when they opened it, played rock/alternative some nights but as far as i know its just 'yeah' by usher upstairs 24/7.

god usher sucks