aberdeen-music

Battlefield 3 vs Call of Duty

paime

Jets are pointless all they can do is take out the other teams jets and maybe the odd helicopter. It's basically a wasted team member in a jet as even if the other team has Jets they cant actually do anything in them.

The rest is pretty fun though. Still buying CoD though at some point, the games are too different. Same as I wont be getting rid of gears to just play battlefield.

Jets are pointless all they can do is take out the other teams jets and maybe the odd helicopter. It's basically a wasted team member in a jet as even if the other team has Jets they cant actually do anything in them.

The jets are pretty powerful if people are spotting enemies properly because they're so fast. Strafing runs are the order of the day.

I much prefer raining down death with my big chopper though. I got 16 kills the other day on Damavand Peak rush map mostly by picking off the attackers in a little bird as they pulled their chutes jumping off the mountain.

The jets are pretty powerful if people are spotting enemies properly because they're so fast. Strafing runs are the order of the day.

I much prefer raining down death with my big chopper though. I got 16 kills the other day on Damavand Peak rush map mostly by picking off the attackers in a little bird as they pulled their chutes jumping off the mountain.

It's very rare for a jet to actually take out many ground members of the other team. Even rarer for someone using the jet to make a positive impact on the team it's just a glory move that doesn't yield much in results.

I like the regular ground combat. I tend to play a combat medic. Revived 8 team members with my defib as we assaulted up an escalator last night whilst still picking off a couple of baddies myself.

Just by reading the posts here I can see that Battlefield is much different to CoD. Parachutes? Jets? Helicopters? Fuck! Is Battlefield more a team effort then?

Yeah. If you try running around quickscoping you will get royally shat on. Battlefield is much harder thand CoD, requires loads of teamwork and lots of thinking. Plus the games last longer than CoD so you need a healthy dose of patience (and a lot of nearby snacks) for it. I'll be getting both games before the years out cos battlefield is ace and I'm too good at CoD to give it up.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I have Battlefield 3, first one I've owned. Single player is really good & there are always team/squad deathmatches online if you dont fancy the strategic element. Still getting used to it but enjoying so far, will be picking up COD as well.

Seems a bit stupid to compare considering the only similarities are that they are both military-based first person shooters and it's the Russians versus everyone else.

Modern Warfare 3 looks like a full price DLC for Modern Warfare 2 as expected. Activision will continue to milk this cash cow as long as people mindlessly pay for it until they destroy it like Tony Hawk's and Guitar Hero.

As for Battlefield 3, the PC version is far superior, but Origin is dumb and the browser based launcher is unfinished. Clearly EA rushed the game out to compete with Activision. There's also no way of seeing player pings and there's some incredibly bad lag. I've just went back to TF2 while DICE pull their thumbs out their arse and patch the game.

However, at least DICE have tried to make some new additions to the Battlefield formula which affect gameplay such as flashlights that can blind other players and blurred vision when being shot at/bonus points for suppressive fire. I don't see the point of releasing a named sequel if all you're going to do is throw in a new 6 hour campaign, some new maps/weapons and a couple new game modes.

Modern Warfare 3 looks like a full price DLC for Modern Warfare 2 as expected. Activision will continue to milk this cash cow as long as people mindlessly pay for it until they destroy it like Tony Hawk's and Guitar Hero.

Modern Warfare 3 grandly follows the great gaming tradition of churning out sequels with slightly better graphics and a few different things. It's the way it's always been and the way it will always be. So what it's kinda the same? It's awesome the way it is.

It also follows the second greatest gaming tradition of doing whatever's popular at the time of release. Right now modern day 1st person shoot em ups are popular. once upon a time it was 3rd person shooting games with cover systems. Before that it was WW2 1st person shooter games. It goes on and on. Everyone should just man up. stop bitching about £40, grab a copy shoot the fuck oot their mates!

I like them both. Battlefield does suffer on the console though on bigger maps. Metro and other smallish maps feel intense and good. Caspian Border feels barron with only 24 people it's a real shame they didn't try and up the server size on the console version.

CoD looks cool, my pre order arrived today at work and I'm looking forward to playing it. The only thing I dislike about CoD is the kids that play it but then I am shooting them so I don't really care.

Modern Warfare 3 grandly follows the great gaming tradition of churning out sequels with slightly better graphics and a few different things. It's the way it's always been and the way it will always be. So what it's kinda the same? It's awesome the way it is.

It also follows the second greatest gaming tradition of doing whatever's popular at the time of release. Right now modern day 1st person shoot em ups are popular. once upon a time it was 3rd person shooting games with cover systems. Before that it was WW2 1st person shooter games. It goes on and on. Everyone should just man up. stop bitching about £40, grab a copy shoot the fuck oot their mates!

It's not the fact it's £40, I just don't think there's enough new content to justify there being a sequel. CoD is a trend and it will die eventually. Activision are renowned for doing this. Don't fix what ain't broke is good and all, but there's only so many times you can do it without adding enough to convince people that this year's version is worth the full retail price.

In a few years it will no longer be cool to play CoD.

Battlefield 3 on the Xbox isn't much fun at all. Dicking about in the vehicles is good, but pretty much everything else sucks. The matchmaking especially.

Agreed. Its actually rather awful and infuriating so now added to my 'not played anymore pile'. Completed the really short campaign. Was dealing with stuff but tried MW3 today and boy does that hit the spot... Yes more of the same but a real pretty game and the maps are very nice. Will enjoy it until all the geeks get their geek on and it becomes very annoying. Oh and quick scopers are dicks!

• 2 weeks later...