aberdeen-music

For sale: Gibson les Paul studio worn brown.

givemeasmile

I'm on my phone so this ad is a bit shitty, apologies for that.

I have for sale my Gibson les Paul studio, brilliant guitar but it just isn't for me, I'd wanted one for ages but Ive played fenders for so long that I can't get used to the tone.

Previous owner has changed the volume knobs/pickguard from black to White but I have all the original parts.

Looking for 500 quid ONO, will consider swapping for another guitar, ideally something fender which isn't a telecaster. Apologies for the lack of pics, ill try and get something sorted once I have Internet access in my new place.

PM for further information, anybody interested is more than welcome to try before they buy and I'm located in te city centre.

Thanks,

Daryl

I hope that was a joke offer. Even if they are £599 they are worth more than £250 all day long,lol.

Ronz

nope , no joking , of the £599 you pay a shop for a new one of these £120 of that is VAT , you don't pay VAT on a s/h private sale

...if on the other hand the op was to trade this guitar in at a shop they could not sell it for the same price as a new one no matter how good condition it is in, say they marked it down 25% from the new price @ £450 , they still have to pay VAT on this , that would be £90 so the guitar is now down at £360 , lets give the shop a 25% (probably a bit low) profit on the sale £90 , that makes the trade in price for this guitar £270 , that is the most I would be prepared to pay for it , my opening offer of £250 is not much less , it's up to the seller to either accept the offer , try to raise me a bit or ignore the offer ............no joke :)

Your bit about VAT is nonsense TBH ... we all have to pay VAT on new so thats what its worth new... regardless of what you think its worth used.. the RRP includes the VAT.

The New price in a shop includes VAT (the shop does not get to keep this)

The second hand price in a shop includes VAT (the shop does not get to keep this either)

There is no VAT on second hand private sales (so why should it not be discounted from the value of an item ?)

You are a bit of a prick ain't ya kybosh

why does making a reasonable offer for a second hand guitar make me a prick ?

why does explaining my valuation of the guitar make me a prick ?

why am I even bothering to answer you ?

.............no doubt an admin will delete it all soon anyway , not my offer though I hope as it is genuine and up to the op to accept , decline or otherwise , not you :nono:

For the simple reason you talk shit on people's posts and end up spoiling their sale

I've offered to buy the guitar , how does that spoil his sale you arse ?

......... you are the one posting stuff that has nothing to do with the sale , if you want to call me names either do it by pm or meet me in the pub like a grown up :rolleyes:

The New price in a shop includes VAT (the shop does not get to keep this)

The second hand price in a shop includes VAT (the shop does not get to keep this either)

There is no VAT on second hand private sales (so why should it not be discounted from the value of an item ?)

Because the retail value includes VAT.. does not matter whether the shop gets to keep the VAT or not... quite frankly I think your offer price is an insult... the reason why it should not be discounted from a private sale is the orginal buyer had to pay the VAT.

Hate to stick my nose in but I have to say Kybosh is right to a certain point. I do think £250 is a bit low, but to expect £500 for a guitar thats had two previous owners is a bit steep, considering the guitar costs £599 new. This means it has cost the previous two owners £49.50 to own a Les Paul for a while. If you traded in that guitar you would be lucky to get £250 for it. Saying that there is no pictures and no one can confirm the condition of the guitar so that figures may change.

• Upvote 1

Because the retail value includes VAT.. does not matter whether the shop gets to keep the VAT or not... quite frankly I think your offer price is an insult... the reason why it should not be discounted from a private sale is the orginal buyer had to pay the VAT.

so do you think second hand stuff should be the same price as new stuff ? how would you value a second hand guitar ?

Thing is your goin an about vat and if he part exchanged blah blah blah he is selling it privately so vat doesn't apply so you £250 would still be a silly offer as your not a shop and can't apply for vat

that's my whole point you moron , private sales have no VAT so they should be at least 20% less than a shop would sell an item for

it's not up to you to decide if it's a silly offer , it's not your guitar , butt out

I got a bit excited when I logged in to see 16 replies and though that I was being bombarded with offers! Oh well...

I wrote £500 ONO, meaning that I didn't really expect to get that much and presumed haggling etc would come into play. I'm going to have to reject your bid Kybosh I'm afraid, as much as I appreciate the offer it's quite a bit below my valuation. The guitar is in great condition (bar a couple of tiny nicks) it comes with an immaculate Gibson flight case and I've literally owned it for a couple of months. Besides these guitars don't depreciate at the rate your valuation is suggesting, come on it's a Gibson Les Paul! I admit I have no pictures just now or a means to upload any but I will do my best over the next couple of days when I get internet installed in my flat or can go to a friend's to do so.

I reiterate that any interested party is more than welcome to come and try it any time they like just get in touch via PM.

So sensible offers please.

Thanks!

I didn't really expect to get that much and presumed haggling etc would come into play. I'm going to have to reject your bid Kybosh

No problem , I made the offer preparing to haggle too , I'll pm you another price to save me getting any more grief from the proles , if you are interested let me know , if not good luck with the sale

• Upvote 1