aberdeen-music

Drum Kit Help

Johnny Mac

Right, i'm going to start playing drums again after a LONG period of time and would like to get a decent kit for a reasonable price to start me off again.

Not for use in a band or anything, just purely for practice purposes. Ebay has a few decent looking kits for around 200.....

But any help would be appreciated as it's been ages since I did anything and I want ot get back into it.

Cheers.

200 on Ebay don't sound too bad - does that include all the stands and cymbals aswell? Bare in mind the shipping. Dunno about anyone else but I struggle to put my kit into my Clio, to get that shipped from somewhere would cost a fucking mint. You might just be as well going down to R&B or Bruce Millers and getting a cheaper starter kit from them.

Cheers, i may well have a look in Bruce millers too, to compare.

Ludwig Accent Fusion CS L105 Drum Kit - That is the kit.... apparently comes with everything you need...... shipping will be about 40.

From the ebay blurb:

This Drum Kit has just been released from Ludwig, its hot of the press and we have them in stock. The kit contains everything you see in the picture + Stool and Pedal hardware.

The drum kit features Vibra-bands and Remo heads as standard, Each bass drum having 10 lugs for easy tuning.The shells have been crafted with select veneer woods and are finished to the best quality we have seen in a long time. The hardware is very sturdy, check out those double brassed pedals. We are so excited about this new Ludwig series, its new, its afodable and its for you! Don't waste time, get yours today!

agreed, the shipping will be a killer, especially considering how heavy a decent amount of hardware is. i bought 100kg of bass amp from ebay about 2 years ago, and had the courier not forgot to charge me, it would have cost 75 quid to ship it from yorkshire. i would be worried about a courier losing bits as well if it was coming in multiple packages.

scouring the paper for second hand kits might be a good idea too.

Yeah man they have a really sweet sound to them and the bass drum is really powerful. All the hardware is extremely sturdy and solid.

If you want some really good advice go into Pro sound music on holburn street. the guys in there are really good.

But id say go for that kit to get yourself back started you wont be disapointed.

Guest haigyman

there was a dude who lived in aberdeen who was selling lots of drumkits for about 180 on ebay recently... think he was called ashwood-music or something, that would save on shipping, have no idea how good the kits were though or if they're still for sale.

Guest Scorge Spike

I still have my shitty Ludwig - it's a good beginner kit but there's no way in hell I'd gig it.

A decent Pacific or a Yamaha at about 500 would be my idea of a cheap gig kit....

Id say most new starter kits arent worth the money. That ludwig looks like it'll come with everything u need, but its unlikely the cymbal and hats will last five minutes if your any good at all, so id put money aside for a beginers cymbal pack.

Id always recommend ebay for a kit, i picked up a 6 piece yamaha RTC for 500 quid. tons of freebie stands and parts. Better to buy a second hand semi-pro!